INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with cover art  (Read 990 times)

havamal2000

Help with cover art
« on: June 03, 2018, 09:57:11 pm »

From the outset let me apologise for my ignorance. I am new to JRiver and I'm still learning how to use it.

My question has to do with cover art, and tangentially I suspect, file locations.

I have music on my hard drive (SSD), I have music on an external hard drive attached by a USB 3.0, and I have music on my NAS. I'm just learning about NAS, so this may be a part of the problem.

In any event, I have the cover art for some of the albums on all three of these locations, but not all the art work for anyone of these storage locations. 

Is there a simple, straight-forward way to get all the cover art on all of the albums without restructuring the files to all be on one drive?

Any and all (constructive) comments are welcome.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with cover art
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 11:29:17 pm »

there are a lot of ways to work with cover art

if you right click > cover art > quick find, it should find any covers that are in the album folders which might help reduce the numbers

there is a stock smartlist called Audio - Missing Cover Art that will show the files without known art

you can also right click > cover art > get from internet and just get some new cover art

the location for cover art is in Tools > options > file location, there you can set it to be all in one folder, or in the album folders, etc.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 05:56:42 am »

Welcome to the forum.  Here's the wiki topic:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 06:53:51 am »

In order to avoid some of the vagaries of cover art locations, I store all my cover art in the files themselves. Then I have a smartlist that looks at the Image File tag and lists any files that do not have Inside File as the tag value.  Having the cover art in the file makes it easy to move files to another computer without having to worry about the cover art.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 03:27:26 pm »

Dear dtc, I have a similar problem and I hope you ore somebody else can help. My cover artīs are in the same folder as the flac or mp3.
How to store (save) the cover art directly in the sound file itself? My problem is that I have thousands of sound files and its a huge work to do it by single albums.
Is there a possibility to make it for many albums in one step?

Any help is appreciate.
Wake up and slow down 😴

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 03:30:14 pm »

That should be covered in the wiki:
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art

swiv3d

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 03:58:58 pm »

As long as MC knows the cover art for files, all you need to do is select the files in the display window, then go to Tools > Library Tools and select Update Tags (From Library). It can take a bit of time if you select too many files at once, depending on your set-up. Try a couple of hundred as starters and see how it goes.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 04:28:04 pm »

To have cover art automatically included in the file, go to Tools - Options - Library and Folders and select Image File. Make sure Save in File Tags is checked.  If it is already checked, cover art may already be in your files. To check, you can look at the tags and see if Image File says Inside File. As I said, I have a Smartlist which lists tracks that do not have Image File set to Inside File. It is a quick way to check for files where the cover art is not in the file.  If you want to do the Smartlist and need help, just ask.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 12:05:12 pm »

Dear dtc many thanks for your help.

Dear swiv3d you gave me the final solution. I didnīt know this until today.
Many thanks.
Wake up and slow down 😴
Pages: [1]   Go Up