INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.194 beta  (Read 23341 times)

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
Re: Media Center 9.1.194 beta
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2003, 11:13:27 pm »

Hello,

just started playing with 9.1.
The new look is nice but I guess I will need some time to get used to it. I'm not sure about the new location of the toolbar (rip, burn...).

One thing I really miss from previous versions :
The application title bar has dissapeared and it certainly gives a clean look but at the same time the Active Database Name has also dissapeared ! I'm switching among four or five databases and now I can't tell which one I'm currently using !
Can we please have the current database name back ? (maybe just a the top of the search box ?)
And BTW, the search box is a bit small.

Thanks,

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Cindy_B

• Recent member
  • I love my Media Center!
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2003, 12:05:15 am »

Is it posible to setup MC's directX like Windows Media Player's directX?   I'm using RealMagic's Xcard for displaying music videos on my Tv monitor.  I'm using this card because it display mpg1's at full TV resolution almost at DVD quality.  It's an amazing card. This card has been working great with MC thru 9.0.146.  

I was hopeful that this version would correct my problem however I still get the following error.

"DirectShow. The operation cannot be performed because the pins are not connected."

RealMagic has a setup filter so I can turn on and off Direct X for playing on disktops or TV.  

Here is a description of the filter:
If you are using DirectX8 and higher, and would like us to handle mpeg1/2/4 playbacks using our filters, please check the box below.  Note that this will rename the quartz dll in the registry.
__ Rename quartz dll to quart dill.xxx

This works perfect with Media Player, but not with any of MC's current releases.

Help me upgrade from MC 9.0.146.  

P.S.  I love the new release, you guys are the best!

Cindy.

Media Center Registered 9.1.194 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1406 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 408 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: No /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive I: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-104    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:2  MaxSpeed:15  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2003, 01:52:53 am »

The new version looks great, but NetRemote is broken in it. I get feedback (like playing track, time and so on) but  can't access the library or Playing now. It's stuck on "Loading" and gets no further.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2003, 02:44:45 am »

When Options->General->Minimize to System Tray is enabled, the program starts up minimized to the taskbar instead.

LarryJoe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2003, 02:46:38 am »

Looks great.  Crashed on me a few times.  Some bugs I have noticed so far:

Cover art from internet does not work.  It looks like it is searching, but I never come up with a pic, even for tunes where I remove the art and redownload (i.e. I know it is out there, perfectly tagged tunes).  Also, I don't see the option to save within the file.

Trying to delete and artist with songs underneath it produces a crash.  If I delete the songs, and then delete the empty artist, it works.  This is for a "delete from hard drive".

Great work, another new toy to play with.  Glad to see it works with my new ipod.

LJ

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2003, 04:16:59 am »

there is a bug in the Cover Art where if you have a file you know has coverart, and you change it and but a test Cover In There, and then when you search coverart, and you even select replace always MC9 will not replace the bad coverart with one it will find.

You also will get more cover art with my program than you will with the one built into MC9
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
Beautimus Maximus
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2003, 04:59:04 am »

Nice work so far, me likes.  Install was clean and initial load had no problems whatsoever.

Coupla things so far:

- CD Burn:  Still failing on my rig with the "Invalid field in Cdb" msg.

- Button Bar:  When clicking, the menus popup right under the mouse and the up click selects the first item unintentionally.

More to come....

Media Center Registered 9.1.194 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 448 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 88 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: HP       CD-Writer+ 8200    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Listening to: 'Misguided Angel' from 'Waltz Across America' by 'Cowboy Junkies' on Media Center 9.1
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2003, 05:25:52 am »

One thing I really miss from previous versions :
The application title bar has dissapeared and it certainly gives a clean look but at the same time the Active Database Name has also dissapeared ! I'm switching among four or five databases and now I can't tell which one I'm currently using !

Hi Christian,
Don't sweat the small stuff.  We'll fix these.

Jim

serf

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2003, 06:35:00 am »

Under W2K it stops responding when trying to synchronize with iPod, i.e., no synch and tack manager says .194 is not responding.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2003, 08:08:10 am »

Under W2K it stops responding when trying to synchronize with iPod, i.e., no synch and tack manager says .194 is not responding.

Please use the iPod support thread here.

Lynn

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2003, 08:18:58 am »

DirectX Host!!!!   Yes!!!!!  THAANNNNKKK YOOUUUUU!!!!!!

JoshuaHorowitz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say... other than that MC rocks!
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2003, 08:53:54 am »

Pretty sweet, even if the interface is an iTunes rip. A few minor problems, however (I know it's beta).

• When my Windows taskbar is set to "Auto hide" and MC is maximized, moving the mouse to the bottom of the screen doesn't bring up the taskbar.
  • Although the gradients on the menus are nice, they're kind of distracting and disabled grayed-out items aren't easily visible (same color as background). Some fine-tuning might be nice.
  • I kind of agree with whoever said that the search box should be somehow extendable for larger queries. It's cool how you can search within a specific tree-node though.
  • I'm sure this is just a beta thing, but the interface is sort of slow (scrolling, pulling dividers, etc.)

Altogether this is a great step with a lot of nice features (ex: having the bottom bar of the window below the tree disappear after a period of time is a real nice touch). My one real problem is that I keep moving my mouse to the bottom-left of the screen when I want to pause!

MidPack

• Recent member
  • MC9 & iPodv3 - doesn't get much better...
Whoops
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2003, 09:10:39 am »

Also on the lounge, but for JRiver folks:
Just noticed that all my smartlists based on 'Year' are toast. Looked at all my songs, and 'Year' wasn't shown. Edited columns showing, and 'Year' is no longer a choice, but 'Date (Year)' and several other Date columns are offered now. Enabled 'Date (Year)' and my 'Year' tags all appeared (whew!). However, when I went to create new smartlist, neither 'Year' nor any 'Date (x)' functions are offered as rules. I must be missing something so I'll keep poking around, unless one of you knows what I'm missing.

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2003, 09:59:13 am »

I have no complaints with the new version and I love the new interface and a few of the other new features.  But I have a request.  Some of the column titles are longer than the data in the fields.  For example, for the "Track #" column, the words "Track #" are wider than the values in the "Track #" fields, so I have to widen then column to allow "Track #" to show up, but it then becomes wider than it needs to be and takes up too much space.  I am anal, so I "have" to see the full column name and no "..." or I'll go insane and might hurt someone.  Another column is the new "Date (year)".  Again, the column title (when fully readable) is much wider than the data in the fields.  Would there be anyway of allowing us to rename the column headers?  Obviously you'd have to prevent me (a user) from renaming a column header to a name that already exists, but it'd be nice if I could change the "Track #" column heading to "Tr#" or just "#".

Thanks,

Wobbley

NoCodeUK

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2003, 10:05:13 am »

Wobbley,

You can rename the fields and you can also make the columns automagically show the full header.  Both are available in the options page

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2003, 11:43:49 am »

Nice job on the new interface... for a while I though I had launched WMP9!  ;D. The improvements to Hairstyle are also welcome (although I haven't played much with them).

I didn't see the changes we discussed last week about making the MegaME windowed mode sticky... I hope this will be added soon!

Thanks

Eiffel

Synesthesiatic

• Recent member
  • If anybody needs me, I'll be in my room
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2003, 11:45:57 am »

Wow, if I didn't know better, I'd say this was iTunes for Windows. But we would know anything about that, would we?

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1051627127;start=3#3

I don't know about you but I'd love to get my hands on some JRiver stock right about now.

Cindy_B

• Recent member
  • I love my Media Center!
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2003, 11:59:27 am »

Correction!  It looks more than similar!

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Is this your way of telling us JRiver has been bought out by Steve Jobs??  From the bottom toolbar, to the search field, to the cover art on the left pane, to the colored dot icons on the top bar, you just emulated iTunes 4 for us PC users!

?

Wow.... I foresee 9.2 coming soon!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2003, 12:09:39 pm »

much with them).

I didn't see the changes we discussed last week about making the MegaME windowed mode sticky.

We added it as a possible startup mode.  See options/startup.

Check the Hairstyle navigation changes too.

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2003, 12:21:17 pm »

"Cannot copy 07 - track 7. The filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect"

and

"Failed to update the following files..."

relating to the track in question.  

Same here, every track ended with such an errormessage. (Also: filename is too long or wrong syntax) Ripping was very slow, max 2.5x.

Deleting of a complete album (from libary and hd) caused a crash. Deleting of all tracks and afterwards the emty CD was possible.

Hairstyle: click on fast fw or rewind only toggles to MegaMe

File properties -->image  : Can't see if the file is inside or not anymore. (single track)

I miss the year col.

A mute button would be nice

If I start a search out of an album view the search is only in this album. If I want to do this search in the entire libary (most common) I have to click on audio or libary in  the left window first. I need more often the entire libary search !

At last a small one, MC in windows taskbar: MC icon missing

A boombastic launch, great  8)

Andy

Electricians do it 'til it Hz

nicosch

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2003, 12:26:02 pm »

The search wizard is something I wished, so I was exited to see it in this 9.1.194 version. However, it is working about 10 minutes to find the items I'm looking for. I admit, I have a large database (90.000 records).
But in previous versions searching was very fast.
I could select a view scheme that showed me all files and added the item I was looking for at the end of the specification. And very quickly the view changed from all files in database to the ones I was looking for.
Now my processor is working at 100% for about 10 minutes. I have a AMD XP 2100+ and 1024 DDR memory.
So please tell me why it's so hard to find the files with this new version. Is there a way to get the search results fast?

Nicosch

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2003, 12:50:06 pm »

Checked the rip-speed on a different (much slower)computer with 9.0.180,same CD, same settings (VBR high)
Result:
9.0.180 on Athlon 1200 256 megs   4.5x  
9.1.194 on XP2100        256 megs   2.5x

The MJ8 non registered limitation ?  ;)
Electricians do it 'til it Hz

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2003, 01:09:46 pm »

what about using its own volume control without affecting other programs ?
Tamer

LisaRCT

« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2003, 01:23:42 pm »

LOL ... I feel a lawsuit coming along.

Oh Jeeeez let's hope not . . . .  I am not ready to give these guys up   ;D
These people at JRiver ROCK ! ! !

BTW: installed last evening and so far No Problem

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2003, 02:01:18 pm »

While we are at it, how about making all window elements of MC movable & resizable so the user can truly customize MC to his or her liking.

There was a pretty wonderful jukebox program a couple of years back called Siren Express that was so very flexible that every element of the GUI could be repositioned & resized.

I used it for about a year or so & found it to be truly wonderful as I could make it look just like I wanted it.

Having to use a program in only one way like MC is not what I call user friendly (does that expression still exist?).
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2003, 02:19:54 pm »

Okay...the new date functions are great but...  I can now no longer use year as a search for a smartlist and for some reason MC has sdecided that all tracks which did not have a year actually came out in 1899...ow it might be me but I dont think Alt Rock and Punk had been invented in those days...;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2003, 03:36:08 pm »

I just realised that the above has messed up my renaming scheme also.  I always name my folders YEAR ALBUM only I can't now as year is no longer recognised as a keyword.  Just wandering why Year has been removed seeingas it is a default Id3 tag???

Adam

NoCodeUK

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2003, 03:57:38 pm »

I feel so guilty for ever doubting you guys.  I realised all I needed to do was replace teh old [YEAR] with [Date (year)].  So all I need to be able to do now is sort my tree by Date (year) and my MC life will be complete

Adam

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2003, 04:13:00 pm »

Thanks for adding the 'Start in Windowed mode' feature... Didn't think to look in the settings for it.:-[

... trouble is when I use it, the Window content is not initialized properly (I either get the 'MC' icon, regardless of what visualization is active, or I get a 'transparent' window -it copies whatever was behind the window into it-). Clicking on the window fixes everything, but that's not elegant

NoCodeUK

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2003, 04:50:02 pm »

Eifell,

I left some posts about your plugin for you at the myHTPC forum.  It is looking very good but I have a couple of issues.

One is it possible to display video in a window like the WMP 9 plug in does.

MC's visualizations do not show any cover art under the plugin.

Any way to force MC to clear playing now when a new track is added?  Possibly as an option but at the moment if you add a new track to playing now it starts playing again from the beginning of the list

Might be nice to allow MC to load in MEGA ME in the background but then when it comes to playing switch it to show the display window only using the mjextman commands.  This might be a solution to 1...

Good work so far.  Seems crazy to not use the best audio prog in there and to have to use MC 9  :o

Adam

NoCodeUK

« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2003, 04:55:18 pm »

Just been checking out the itunes site and it would be way cool if you could implement this kind of functionality

http://www.apple.com/itunes/theater/browse.html

Would solve everyones issues about not being able to see the library and add to playlists at the same time.  This is very cool!!

Adam

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2003, 04:58:36 pm »

Adam,
I'm not sure what you mean.  Why don't you start a thread on it?  Right now, you can select tracks and drag them to a playlist.

Thanks for your DirectX post.

Jim

NoCodeUK

« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2003, 05:17:54 pm »

Jim if you check out the video at this url you can click a button called browse which drops down the library above the main file list window.  You can then navigate easily to a file and then drag and drop onto a playlist.  It personally isnt an issue for me as I dont use playlists but I know a lot of people have mentioned this in the past and this just looked a nice way to do it...

I also like the idea of a quick button like itunes has which changes depending on what you are doing ie put in a cd and it changes to rip, go to the cd burner window and it changes to burn, Go to a playlist and it changes to browse.  Very sweet.

Just a couple of things for the new beta.  could we please have the option to display the big old style search bar for all displays.  at the moment it is only available for smart lists meaning we cannot see the parameters of a view scheme.  With this enabled we could then use the little search box to finetune searches and the main one to add initial details.
Secondly could year be made back into an editable field again.  I know it is now being calculated but there is no way to edit it at the moment (or do we have to edit the date field, I confess I haven't tried that)  At the moment I have a lot of files which did not have Year fields and so are all showing up as year 1899...

Adam

lOth

« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2003, 05:23:35 pm »

Adam,
I'm not sure what you mean

I followed Adam's link and I think I understand what he meant.

Adam: I think you can do something very close to what shows up on the iTunes demo by setting the target area above the navigation tree to the playlist you want to drop your tunes in. Then you can keep the navigation tree at the level of the library, find your tunes in there and just drag and drop them onto the target.

Unless you're an unconditional fan of the drag and drop, the right click/send to/playlist would seem to be an even more appropriate replacement, with even more flexibility.

The iTunes' sliding down two columns library is still quite stylish though...

NoCodeUK

« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2003, 05:26:15 pm »

It was the sliding down two column library I was referring to.  I suppose you could keep it at library level and use the search box to narrow down your search but this just seemed a very intuitive way to do it...

Adam

UPDATE: I just tried doing the method I mentioned using the mini search box and this works pretty well

UPDATE: Sorry just realised this was the 9.1 bug thread.  I meant to put this in the other 9.1 thread

NoCodeUK

« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2003, 05:35:21 pm »

This is something I mentioned before but wasn't implemented in the 9.0 timeframe.  Hoping it can be implemented in the 9.1 timeframe.  When using the Album grouping function at artist level, if the artist has more than none album this shows their album thumbnails.  If they only have one album then this shows track thumbnails.  Could this be consistent...at artist level it should always show an album thumbnail regardless of how many albums, at album level it should show track thumbnails.

Adam

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2003, 05:47:53 pm »

A couple of things I noticed with the new beta...

1. some TV functions are broken now (I had to go into advanced TV configuration, open and close a few dialog boxes -without changing anything- to get a picture back)

2. I can't get sound, unless I go into the advanced settings, chose tuner, change from NTSC to ATSC and back to NTSC

(Before 9.1, it was all seamless...)

3. Some of the Avanced TV setting dialog boxes need some work, as they don't look that nice anymore (It was fine before, even with the same skin)

4. The text at the bottom right of the MegaME interface is not consistently updated when watching TV (for a long while it showed the music track I played before... -). The top center indication was updated correctly...

5. Some of the WM_COMMANDs no longer work the same way. 33768 22000 now toggles between MiniME and MegaME (in the past it would always select MiniME)

I'm sure all the above things will be fixed... if mentioned ;)

nila

« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2003, 05:50:41 pm »

TOTALLY 100% agree with adams points.
I was thinking them all but just didn't say them.

The extra button for 'burn' etc that is predominant in the GUI layout makes beginners aware of this feature and enables them to find it easily. I still find myself showing people MC's ability to burn sometimes (yes I know they're slow but they're girls and aren't computer literate). This button changing depending on what's being done is also great :) - I loved this in iTunes.

His point about the 'browse' though I also agree with. Clicking the button and having the extra pane appear would be sooooo nice.
With the new totally skinned GUI it'd be great if we could click on a button on the player and have the equivalent to a hovering html layer appear with the 'playing now' track listing in it so we could see it and edit it without even having to move off from whereever we were - that would be an INCREDIBLE feature. Click once to make the layer appear, again and it would hide - mmmmmmm.
It's the old discussion that's been re-raised recently again about being able to split the screen into two seperate parts with a top and a bottom.
a HUGE power increase to all us users.

Also - iTunes features of a left and right pane that the left displays all the artists/albums/etc depending on what we set it on - and then the right displays all the say albums for the artist selected (or the albums for the year selected etc) is a VERY powerful way to let people be able to jump around fast with the equivalent to temporary trees that aren't set but are just used for finding stuff fast. - I LOVED them on iTunes and on Winamp 3 although this was just designed poorly.

dingoBaby

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2003, 05:54:44 pm »

I have a question about the screenshot Jim posted.  In that shot the album cover is displayed in the lower left corner and it appears that the tree window can be resized top to bottom.  Am I missing something very obvious because I cannot seem to figure out how to do this?

Other than that the beta looks great.  You folks have a great product and I think I speak for everyone when I say I really appreciate that fact that you are willing to listen to and act upon input from your customers.  Keep up the fantastic work.
I May Be Listening To:

NoCodeUK

« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2003, 05:59:58 pm »

The little bar in between the cover art and the library can be dragged to resize the library.  Also if you double click it then the library is shown all the way to the bottom.

Adam

dingoBaby

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2003, 06:12:15 pm »

The little bar in between the cover art and the library can be dragged to resize the library.  Also if you double click it then the library is shown all the way to the bottom.

Adam

My apologies for not stating my question more clearly.  I cannot seem to get the cover art to display in the corner. That is what I am looking to do.
I May Be Listening To:

Eiffel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2003, 06:19:03 pm »

Adam, I did reply to your post on the myHTPC forum...

For the curious here, I'll answer your questions here too

Eifell,

I left some posts about your plugin for you at the myHTPC forum.  It is looking very good but I have a couple of issues.

One is it possible to display video in a window like the WMP 9 plug in does.

This is already possible. Basically you have to set MC9.1 to start in windowed mode and be always on top, and adjust the visualisation to show video. You also need to configure the plugin to use MegaME (The first two parameters in myHTPC_configure should read '0' and 'Yes', IIRC). clicking the full screen button should bring MC in full screen (MC9 might steal focus when going to full screen... with a mouse or some girder magic, it should be possible for myHTPC to get the focus back)...

MC's visualizations do not show any cover art under the plugin.

They should (might be some issue with the plugin, or the fact that some visualizations are not initialized correctly in windowed mode)... If it works in windowed mode in MC9, it should work in the plugin (unless there's a bug, of course ;) )

Any way to force MC to clear playing now when a new track is added?  Possibly as an option but at the moment if you add a new track to playing now it starts playing again from the beginning of the list

... hmm, this looks strange, as my experience is different (I left the third myHTPC setting for the plugin empty so as not to reset the playlist each time MC starts, which might explain the difference).  I can add tracks to the end of the playlist while others are playing and this doesn't disrupt the sequence (I tried adding single tracks or full albums without trouble). It's not possible to add an option in a myHTPC plugin to clear the playlist each time a track is added, and you'll have to press [clear queue] to do this before making your selection...

Might be nice to allow MC to load in MEGA ME in the background but then when it comes to playing switch it to show the display window only using the mjextman commands.  This might be a solution to 1...

You can have mega me (in windowed mode only). I could make the full screen button bring up the real MegaMe in full screen mode as an option (some people might like it, instead of the current full screen...). I could also do the same with hairstyle for a more consistent look... Unless MegaME can be set to be always on top in a non maximized way, these are the only options to prevent MC from stealing focus.

I'm not sure what you mean with mjextman, and if it matters (the plugin doesn't use mjextman...).

I hope this makes sense... keep the feedback coming

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2003, 09:34:13 pm »

It's the old discussion that's been re-raised recently again about being able to split the screen into two seperate parts with a top and a bottom.
a HUGE power increase to all us users.

Maybe you would like to take a look here:
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1055017036
I'm trying to make that easy to understand with some pictures ... maybe after all someone will be convinced  ;)

Raistlin2000

• World Citizen
  • cross-fade-mani ac
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2003, 10:15:07 pm »

Really nice, the GUI improvements!

Just a question: Since you already started on a new interface, wouldn't it be the right moment for adding the cross-fade-panel to the main window like it was discussed several times?? So we can change settings during playback without opening extra windows all the time?

This feature is really heavily requested since beta-times of version 8, any chance to see this done?

Thanks
Raist

5TillFree

• Recent member
  • Rock On!
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2003, 11:37:08 pm »

VERY NICE! Much better GUI  Let's *delete the part about the potential lawsuit,,  no sense giving anyone any ideas   (*Just kidding) Anyway, I feel there are enough differences to argue the case.

Regarding the skin issue. I tried changing to another skin after successfully installing with PixOS, and yes it is no good.  The path to edit the registry mentioned above must be for a Win9X machine.  I'm running Win2000 and the path is HKEY_USERS\[SID]\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\ >> MegaSkinConfigFile (3)

I do not have the same problem with "Minimize to Tray" that GHammer has/had.

I also LIKE the absence of the application title bar. Just wasted real estate as far as I'm concerned and the database info Christian seeks, can be shown elsewhere.

I agree with DocLotus, I'd LOVE to see a fully customisable shell. I still use the program from Sonic Foundry [Siren Jukebox v1.5a, (v2 sucked because they took away the ability to move around window elements)]. I love the way it can be completely configured and rearranged. (BTW,  version 1.5 is available at my website (w/ screenshot) if anyone is interested in what we're talking about. It's nowhere as cool or powerful as MC9, but still a very nice player)

Again, very nice job! No problems so far
»» Select Windows Freeware ««
http://www.SelectFreeware.com

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • When the time comes, you'll know what to do!
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2003, 08:48:08 am »

;D I love the new look, I just hope Apple doesn't get anal over it. Good Luck JRiver.

First of all with this release window placements do not save. For ex: when I resize the tree window, upon restart of MC it's back to it's default location. (i unsderstand this is beta but i am making note of it)

Second the new DSP effect, has many many bugs, causes MC to crash, stop functioning, etc etc. It also conflicts with DFX.

Third the search should open up a new window with results, reason i say that is because as of right now it just places what it finds in PLAYING NOW. I think a windowed result list would be very neat and tidy, then u just move over what you want from teh search to your playing now list and/or playlist.
::Updated::
Nevermind third note goto:
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1055017036

Keep up the good work.

-equalizer

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2003, 09:12:40 am »

I moved some files from one play list to another and deleted some files from the play lists in 9.0.194 and MC Corruped the play Lists.

MC9 would crash on them after that if i clicked on them.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2003, 10:25:59 am »

How about an option to sort Artist names starting with 'The' into alpha order?

The Beatles should not be in the 'T's in my opinion.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2003, 11:55:28 am »

Great work.  I love the changes to the GUI.  Everyone loves sincere flattery.  :)

I like how you combined the menu bar with the window handle bar.  I don't think I've ever seen it done this well before.  

I do think you should put your brand name somewhere up there prominently.  Or at least your logo.

The left half of the orange minimize window button doesn't work when MC9.1 is in window mode (the app itself, not the display).

Also, you can't minimize MC9.1 at all by clicking on "Media Center" on the XP task bar (or whatever it's called).

Clicking the volume icons sets the volume to 0% and 100% respectively, which was not what I'd expected.  I thought it should slide the volume bar left or right.

I love the "Recent Playing Nows."  Thank you!!
I like how each list is labeled with a date and time.  It would be good to refresh the screen automatically each time a new item is listed.

And please make it automatically save these "Recent Playing Nows" permanently.  (Or give me the option to.)  This would be a very useful tool for me.  Thanks.

UdoS

• World Citizen
  • User
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2003, 12:04:39 pm »

Bugs & Wishes:

Media Center Registered 9.1.194 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1735 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 23 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: ATAPI    CD-R/RW 48X16      Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

1.      Visualization mode normal or less: charcters are not readable.
2.      Volume slider will not respond to cntr. - command if volume is above 84% (same as in 9.0.x)
3.      All units should be expressed in db, since mixing linear and nonlinear units like db and % is very difficult to compare and db is the (professional) standard.
4.      Volume slider should move in increments by db instead of %
5.      The Handheld plugin still not accepts volumename changes

Udo
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up