INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wikipedi track info display  (Read 2617 times)

rn701

• Junior Woodchuck
Wikipedi track info display
« on: June 10, 2018, 08:10:33 am »

This is a Track Info visualization that gets a snippet of info about the currently playing album or artist from Wikipedia and shows it along with cover art and (bonus) time and weather.

To use it, you have to set up a new tag 'Wiki Key' (without the apostrophes) and populate it. You can put the artist or album (if a Wikipedia entry exists for it).  I populated it using the library tool move/copy fields to copy the Album Artist (Auto) field/tag to the Wiki Key tag. I also set autoimport to copy this field for new imports. For a few albums I copied the album name.

(The Album Artist works  about 90% of the time, but for some you may have to tweak it a little. For example, album artist 'Chicago' is manually changed to 'Chicago_(band)' to differentiate from  the city. You can do a manual Wikipedia search in your browser and note the correct page name key.)

Wikipedia info is cached for 30 days. You can change this in a variable in index.html (see comments).

The other change is to edit the index.html file to change the 'weatherstation' variable for your location. See instructions in comments.

Note: This is formatted for a 1920 x 1080 HD TV with Windows display scaling set to 150%, using the Display View in full screen. You can adjust in the HTML style parameters which are embedded in self-contained index.html (no css).

To install, download zip, unzip, copy the WikipediaInfo folder to the JRiver Track Info folder

(for example, c:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 22\Visualizations\Track Info)

Change track info display setting to WikiInfo

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Wikipedi track info display
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 08:15:35 am »

Thanks!

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 06:35:14 am »

Dear rn701, many thanks for this very nice track info plug in.
How to get the weather info's from Europe and how to change in Grad Celsius and wind per kmh?
I have also now put in the lyrics.

Many thanks in advance.

Wake up and slow down 😴

rn701

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 08:14:08 am »

Dear rn701, many thanks for this very nice track info plug in.
How to get the weather info's from Europe and how to change in Grad Celsius and wind per kmh?
I have also now put in the lyrics.

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry for the delay, just now saw this. The weather info comes from the US National Weather Service. Pretty sure it only has US info. You would need to find a similar service for your country or the EU.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 09:42:42 am »

Thanks rn701 - understood
Take care
Wake up and slow down 😴
Pages: [1]   Go Up