INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion: Add 'Exit' to list of commands for top and bottom Toolbars  (Read 878 times)

atitlan

Microsoft's Office 2016 (at least) allows Exit to be added to the QAT of its applications and the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite for a few versions has allowed Exit to placed on any toolbar of DRAW or Photo-Paint (with customized icon no less).

This is very convenient for large monitors: The X in the upper right corner is not the inevitable target. Fewer long mouse-pointer passages.

Since Media Center doesn't have the conventional Windows Title Bar, a right-click there for 'Close' is out of the question. Of course, File > Exit works. ( — As does ALT + F4.) But if one is working in the middle of the screen, it is efficient to have an Exit icon more-or-less straight up. Even Windows Explorer allows an Exit icon on its QAT …

Thanks and good wishes for the ongoing development of Media Center!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You can right click top or bottom to customize. If exit isn't there already, we can probably add it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Coming next build:
NEW: A button to exit the program can be added to the toolbar.

Thanks for the idea :)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

atitlan

Matt: Gratified that my suggestion of an 'Exit' button is well taken. Look forward to deploying it. Thank you!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Matt: Gratified that my suggestion of an 'Exit' button is well taken. Look forward to deploying it. Thank you!
It's available now:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,116887.msg808379.html#msg808379

Also on the Latest channel.

atitlan

Jim-H, Many thanks for the notice and compliments for adding the Exit Command/Icon so promptly. Very much appreciated!

Every good wish ~ Hans-Peter

swiv3d

If you change to a skin with the tool bars towards the centre of the screen (like blue  steel- which personally does my head in) you can have the exit button vertically over the middle of the screen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up