INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music speeds up, and also crackles and then fades to no sound  (Read 2295 times)

hiici

• Recent member
Music speeds up, and also crackles and then fades to no sound
« on: August 17, 2018, 04:44:28 pm »

Hi,

I am using version 21 and in the last month I have been experiencing a lot of times where the music starts speeding up or, it starts crackling and then fades to no sound.  I reboot my intelnuc and maybe after the 3rd or 4th reboot it seems to fix itself. 

I leave my intelnuc on most of the time without rebooting it until I come down 3 days later to play and experience these problems ,  not sure if that is causing some issue

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Music speeds up, and also crackles and then fades to no sound
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 12:41:06 am »

If you're using it with a DAC, try power cycling the DAC when it happens.

See if you can determine whether it happens when you're playing files of different samplerates and bitrates.  Some DAC's don't switch reliably.  If so, you can try resampling everything, using MC's DSP Studio > Output Settings.

hiici

• Recent member
Re: Music speeds up, and also crackles and then fades to no sound
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 04:38:02 pm »

Thank you JimH!  I think that was the problem.  For the last two weeks when I tried playing music it has not even played anything and I get the below fatal error, I tried rebooting computer turning off and on my DAC then I reset it by completely unplugging it after reading your reply and it is now working:

"Playback could not be started on the output 'Direct Sound' using the format '44.1kHz 2ch'.
This output format may not be supported by your hardware.  You can use DSP studio to change the output to a compatible format
Also make sure your system has a valid sound playback devise and that it is properly configured in playback options."

Pages: [1]   Go Up