INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing video files  (Read 510 times)

mike0zero

• Recent member
Missing video files
« on: August 21, 2018, 08:04:37 am »

Can anybody please assist.

I have downloaded latest versions of MC24 and all video files that are not movies I cannot see in the standard view mode, under video's, the only options I see are movies and shows.

I think I might of disable something by mistake....anybody help.

Thanks

Mike

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Missing video files
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 08:20:13 am »

A video is usually a movie or a show or a home video.  What do you want them to be?  If you can find them, you can edit the tag called Media Sub-type.

mike0zero

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 10:57:12 am »

A video is usually a movie or a show or a home video.  What do you want them to be?  If you can find them, you can edit the tag called Media Sub-type.

Previously before I updated normal view showed all video files - these consisted of documentaries, demos, tv shows etc, now I only get movies.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 09:01:10 pm »

It sounds like the upgrade/update to MC24 isn't using your original MC library.

If that is the case, find a library backup from before the upgrade/update and restore that backup. You should have everything back, although you will lose any library changes since the backup you use.

Search the Wiki for Library Backup, Restore, etc., and the forum for same if you don't know how to backup/restore.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

mike0zero

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 07:01:38 am »

It sounds like the upgrade/update to MC24 isn't using your original MC library.

If that is the case, find a library backup from before the upgrade/update and restore that backup. You should have everything back, although you will lose any library changes since the backup you use.

Search the Wiki for Library Backup, Restore, etc., and the forum for same if you don't know how to backup/restore.

Thanks...that did the trick all working fine now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up