INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone Switch Video Modes?  (Read 510 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Zone Switch Video Modes?
« on: August 29, 2018, 04:29:44 am »

Hi All, Does the Zone Switch only work for audio?
I have one zone that is 1080p and one that is 4k. The resolution is set in options for that zone. The names of the zones are 4k and 1080.
If I "send to zone.. 4k" a file, it plays in a window, and then if I double click it, the pc switches to 4k res and the video is in 4k, works great! Stop the video, and we go back to 1080. Perfect!
All my 4k material has the term "(4K)" in both the folder and file name.
I Made a zone switch that looks for that (4K) piece of text, (Filename Path CONTAINS (4K)) and told it to use the 4k zone when it sees the (4K) text.
That does not work. The 4k material is played at 1080.
What am I missing, or does zone switch not have the ability to switch resolutions like just sending a file to the zone does?

Thanks

Don

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Zone Switch Video Modes?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 04:35:47 am »

Case?  Upper or lower?

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Zone Switch Video Modes?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 05:30:12 am »

I use an upper case K for all my files.
I went and looked at yesterdays test, and it was a 4K file with 4K in the filename and folder name.
I changed the search to be just  " (4 " to make sure it wasn't case. That didn't work.
But after reading your post, I tried a different 4K file, and it did switch!, So I went back to the test file, it didn't, and then the back to the one that did, and now it doesn't also.
Nothing does now. Is there a better way to flag a file that having MC search for a string in the name?
I tried "Dimensions starts with 3840" That didn't go either.

It makes me think I have the search and zone right, something else stops it from going 4K

Thanks for helping! If this works, I can run just 1080 all the time and switch for 4k, rather than being at 4k all the time and upconverting on the fly.

Don

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Zone Switch Video Modes? [Solved]
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 05:34:45 am »

It is where I start the file from.
It is my mistake..... sorry. I need to start the file from the main list of files, it was in playing now, which is a 1080 zone. I was telling it to ignore Zone Switch I guess. The key was it played a file once. After that it was in playing now and repeated attempts were thwarted.

Thanks! Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up