INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converted files during handheld sync added to library  (Read 879 times)

ZenOli

• Recent member
Converted files during handheld sync added to library
« on: September 04, 2018, 08:35:38 am »

Hi everyone,

Long time user of JRiver and reader of the forum, I would like to ask a question I have not been able to solve yet.

I have started using the handheld sync functionnality again after a few years. I am using it to convert audio files to mp3 and pass them to the SD card of a Fiio x5.
When doing so, the mp3 files are added to the library (not stacked with their flack counterpart) which messes a lot of things up (recent albums, file counts etc).

How can I prevent this behaviour ? I must have missed something but cannot figure out what...

Audio cache has been disabled to prevent the automatic stacking which I did not want (I would rather not keep the mp3). Now files are added to the library from the handled device.
I have tried on about 20 files before launching a large sync, the problem did not occure, I do not know if this is related to some files, or a difficulty in handling the large amount of files to sync (around 9700 files for a total of 58 Go after conversion).

I hope my inquiry is clear enough.
Thanks in advance for your help !

ZenOli

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Converted files during handheld sync added to library
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 08:50:27 am »

You may be importing the location of the cached files.  Check settings for auto import.

ZenOli

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 09:07:57 am »

Hi JimH,

Thank you for your answer. I also thought it might be the case but auto-import is set to only search on G: which is the source drive of the files being converted. mp3 files are stored on D: which is the sync destination.

Strangely it does not seem to import all files. I will wait for the sync to end (3 hours left) to see if I can identify a common factor for all these files. No new file has been imported for an hour now, let's see if they are when a little more ressources are available on the computer.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 09:33:57 am »

You may be importing the temp file location.  Check File Locations in MC settings.

ZenOli

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 09:55:45 am »

It is not that either, I have chosen the option to not create audio cache as it was recommended somewhere on the forum to avoid the converted files being stacked with their flac versions.
The files that have been imported are on the destination drive, in the proper file tree structure.

ZenOli

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 11:12:48 am »

I have noticed an newly imported playlist populated with all the incriminated files. This playslist has the name of one that is synced on the device, but not the same number of files : the playlist called "8 files", created yesterday for test purposes, has been imported with 871 files from the device.

I have no clue how/why this new playlist was imported or populated. I will try to reproduce on another SD card once the sync is complete.
Pages: [1]   Go Up