INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote problems with IdPi  (Read 1319 times)

LawshrinkMD

• Recent member
JRemote problems with IdPi
« on: September 07, 2018, 11:31:15 pm »

I have noticed that using JRemote seems to crash the IdPi, but when I use VNC on my computer or iPad/iPhone, it works fine.  I will have all kinds of errors of the album cover art being incorrect, or it just crashing at random times over and over.  I haven’t had any of these issues using JRemote with my windows machine.

As I mentioned in another post, I have a large music collection with 60k files, so I’m wondering if the IdPi has trouble handling such a large library with JRemote?  Thank God for VNC and an iPad Pro!

LawshrinkMD

• Recent member
Re: JRemote problems with IdPi
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 11:41:11 pm »

I have JRemote app , but it seems to crash my poor 3B+ IdPi setup.  When I control the IdPi using VNC I have not had issues.  With JRemote I can see the MC app just disappear, and then restart.  Not sure what’s happening.  I use JRemote no problem on my windows machine.  Help!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 11:09:11 am »

It's possible that the cover art thumbnails aren't generated for all of your files.
JRemote beats pretty hard on the server to get it to generate the thumbs as you look through the views.

I would try using your VNC to get onto the IdPi then make it pre-generate all of the thumbnails in advance by doing Tools->Options->Tree and View->Build Missing Thumbnails.
Before starting that make sure that the Thumbnail Creation Threading under that Thumbnails category is set to Low (the default for the IdPi since there's not enough memory on it to multi-thread thumbnail creation).
Note that with 60k files this will probably take a while and you should just leave it alone while it's doing that.

LawshrinkMD

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 09:58:07 pm »

Hi Bob,

I have built all the thumbnails, but it still happens.  JRemote has odd errors where it doesn’t  show the album covers correctly (it will show wrong cover art!), freezes, all kinds of problems.  I wonder if there’s any way to get them to get it to work together.  I’ve been playing my IdPi for hours on my old 3B, sacd iso, and no more hiccups.  I think it was JRemote making me pull my hair out!  It can’t even be open in background, it still causes stuttering, crashes, all kinds of bizarre stuff.

Using VNC only I’ve had hours of flawless playback!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 10:47:23 am »

Hi Bob,

I have built all the thumbnails, but it still happens.  JRemote has odd errors where it doesn’t  show the album covers correctly (it will show wrong cover art!), freezes, all kinds of problems.  I wonder if there’s any way to get them to get it to work together.  I’ve been playing my IdPi for hours on my old 3B, sacd iso, and no more hiccups.  I think it was JRemote making me pull my hair out!  It can’t even be open in background, it still causes stuttering, crashes, all kinds of bizarre stuff.

Using VNC only I’ve had hours of flawless playback!
Interesting...
Are you using the iOS or Android JRemote?
If iOS, what version of iOS is on your device?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 10:50:14 am »

Two devices with the same IP address?

LawshrinkMD

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 10:56:52 pm »

I’m using the latest iOS 12. I checked my router table, and there aren’t any double IP addresses that I can see. 

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 09:00:08 am »

I’m using the latest iOS 12. I checked my router table, and there aren’t any double IP addresses that I can see.
Did the issue start with iOS 12??
Pages: [1]   Go Up