INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panel slider, lists  (Read 917 times)

dmitch77

• World Citizen
Panel slider, lists
« on: September 29, 2018, 09:55:00 am »

I've been using Panel for a few days. (MC on Mac, Panel on iPad.) It works pretty well for the most part. Two things are keeping me from converting from JRemote to Panel:

1. Showing artists and albums only in icon view doesn't scale well. With 1500 artists in my music library, it's not really convenient to scroll through all those icons. A list view would be much more useful (and speedy) for me.

2. On a related subject, the slider at the top of an icon view (e.g. artists) doesn't seem to work properly on my iPad. For one thing, using the slider to slide down to somewhere way down the alphabet usually results in the display only scrolling down a page or two. E.g. slide to "M", and the second page of "A" is displayed rather than "M". This doesn't always happen, but it usually does. But more seriously, th slider only is visible when viewing the very top of the (sometimes) huge list. If I scroll down to the "M" part of this list, the slider is not visible. And there is no way to get it back other than scrolling back up to the top of the list. With 1500 artists, and no scroll knob or any other way to get to the top, this is just not usable.

Also, the slider isn't visible in all screens which show a bunch of items. Drill down to Music > Genre > Jazz, and you get a list of artist icons but no slider. The slider only seems to be implemented at top-level lists (Artists, albums).

This is MC 24.0.53 running on macOS 10.12.16, with Panel on an iPad running iOS 12. Both machine on the same local WiFi net.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Panel slider, lists
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 10:05:02 am »

On your second problem, did you try a different browser?

dmitch77

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 10:17:42 am »

On your second problem, did you try a different browser?

Yes, Safari and Chrome behave identically. I'd guess that about 10% of the time, moving the slider to somewhere down the list actually takes me to that point (rather than the 2nd or 3rd page of "A").

I did figure out how to keep the slider visible though. I changed the items per page from the default of 200 to 18; now I see the slider and the "next/up" nav bar at the bottom (which I never saw before) are always visible.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 10:36:20 am »

The layout also changes if you shift your device from portrait to landscape.  A volume control is visible in landscape, for example.

dmitch77

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 10:47:48 am »

The layout also changes if you shift your device from portrait to landscape.  A volume control is visible in landscape, for example.

Yep...but in landscape I can only see 12 items at a time. Lots of pixels, not much info.  :)

dmitch77

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 11:19:50 am »

Even using Firefox on a desktop Mac, the slider fails exactly the same way. See attached file, a screen recording. It shows what happens when manipulating the slider - both by clicking on it, and dragging it. The same result every time: the first page of icons just moves down one row.

The screen recording file is too big to attach to this post, it's available here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7b5ld0gs97oups8/JRMC_Slider.mov?dl=0

Safari on the same Mac (running macOS 10.12.16) behaves the same.

Same MC as original post - MC 24.0.53 running on macOS 10.12.16.

BradATIMA

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 11:32:26 am »

Thank you for including the video. The video actually provided the most important clue to the problem. There is a bug in Panel if you have Ignore Articles enabled in Media Center. We should be able to have a fix for that soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up