INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downsampling & Pure Music iTunes bookmarks  (Read 953 times)

rbpeirce

Downsampling & Pure Music iTunes bookmarks
« on: October 03, 2018, 09:08:21 am »

I don't currently use JRiver and it may not be my solution.  Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any way to contact it directly.  I hope this works.

I have used Pure Vinyl/Music for years, to digitize LPs.  I do this at 192kHz and bookmark the tracks in iTunes.  Now I have a problem.  I bought a DAC that shows up on my Mac as only capable of 96kHz although it is supposed to downsample 192 to 96.  However, when PM sees 96 it downsamples but when it does this it can only play from disk and bookmarks require playing from memory.

Each LP is stored as a single CAF file of about 2Gb.  The bookmarks, which are stored as m4a files,  point to locations in the file where tracks begin and end.  I need a piece of software that can play the 192kHz file directly or downsample it to 96kHz, output it to my DAC AND use the bookmarks or some other method to access individual tracks.  Is this possible in JRver?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Downsampling & Pure Music iTunes bookmarks
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 09:21:47 am »

JRiver Media Center can play CAF files and it can downsample.  Please download and try it.  It's the only way to know.

rbpeirce

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 10:01:47 am »

I know that but can it play individual tracks from a single CAF file that encompasses an entire LP without doing a lot of post processing?  I don't really have the time to play with this.  It is either worth my time or it isn't.

For example, I can get 96kHz CAF files some way or another and re-process them in Pure Vinyl.  Then I could edit the albums in iTunes.  That would entail an insane and unacceptable amount of work since I already have over 800 albums processed at 192kHz.

I want to be able to send an individual track from this large CAF file to my DAC, either at 192kHz, even though the DAC claims to only accept 96kHz, or downsample to 96kHz.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 10:16:36 am »

I know that but can it play individual tracks from a single CAF file that encompasses an entire LP without doing a lot of post processing?  I don't really have the time to play with this.  It is either worth my time or it isn't.
OK.  I guess we'll never know.

rbpeirce

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 10:37:37 am »

OK.  I guess we'll never know.

I assumed somebody already would know, which is why I asked.  I suspect others have had the same problem.  Maybe there is no solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up