INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: playlists  (Read 2283 times)

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
playlists
« on: October 07, 2018, 06:17:45 pm »

My one enduring frustration with MC any version so far, (22 multi platform) is and has been losing my playlists from one version to the next. I have about 10 TB of media on a Linux UnRaid file server (Lime Technology) that has run perfectly for 12+ years only upgrading software and discs. It's due for an upgrade. To date I have not been able to import my playlists. Computer hardware, software and the media is all easily replaced.

i have spent weeks working out a 10 to 12 song playlist most of them are 4 to 10 hours in length. Some would say that's nuts to spend that kind of time. When I am done with a playlist, everyone who listens is amazed at the smooth seamless transitions that takes into account the mood one is striving to create, the key each song is in, beats per minute, instruments and more. The fact is, it is worth it. I haven't done anything with my music for at least 5 or 6 years because of this problem. I still use the video but now it is time to get back into my music and I need to find a means to import, open the playlist or something to recover thousands of hours of work that I can not duplicate.

Thanks,

tunetyme

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: playlists
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 07:48:49 pm »

Backup your library in the old version, restore in the new version.

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 11:11:58 am »

That's a problem. The older versions went with the older PC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 11:17:23 am »

I'm confused about what you have.

MC makes backups, either automatic or manually.  If you don't have the backups any more, then do you have any playlists at all?  If so, what format?

Play Doctor is an easy way to generate playlists.

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 08:01:32 am »

What I have is a new computer and I loaded 21 & 22 on it. The old PC is dead and gone. My music files are on a UnRaid server. I simply imported all the files from the server. I made a copy of the playlists and tried to import them. There was an earlier version of MC (I think 15 or 16) where I exported them to another file type as a precaution and I was able read or import them. We had a thread about that then.

The problem (I think) may be that the system will import files with 2 different paths \P:\Music or \\tower\P:\Music. I have imported the files both ways and I still can't open the playlists.

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 07:16:49 am »

Jim:

I realize that you do not understand my passion for mixing music. There are a lot of things that I do to mix and take into consideration: BPM, the key the music is in at the begging and ending of a song, the mood of the song, and the transition from a gap to overlapping and some beat mixing. When this is done well it is a pleasure to listen that playlist over and over and one never tires of it. I have thousands of hours tied up in those playlists. IS there some editor that would allow me to open the file and print the lists?
Pages: [1]   Go Up