INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contectual Click Problems in Windows 10 Pro Due to JRShellExt.dll  (Read 2196 times)

MCZaphod

For some time now, a number of contextual functions when right clicking on Windows 10 Pro Start have been failing to open. Some of these are Event Viewer, Device Manager and File Explorer along with another five functions. Another nine functions work as expected.

Using NirSoft ShellExView I was able to isolate the problem to the file JRShellExt.dll which is installed with Media Player. I my case I found three instants of this file with versions 24.0.30.0 and 24.0.52.0. Both of these versions caused the same problem with contextual clicking.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and are any developers aware of it or is there another fix rather than just disabling it? I would prefer to still have Media Centre contextual click working on my PC if possible.

Patrick

swiv3d

Re: Contectual Click Problems in Windows 10 Pro Due to JRShellExt.dll
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 06:22:33 am »

Don't have the pro version, but those functions are opening correctly with the win 10 (1809) home version - for me at least.

swiv3d

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 01:11:00 pm »

My machines just updated to the latest 1809 cumulative update and right clicking on start and then Device drivers, file explorer etc don't work. The solution is to turn of MC's shell integration in tools>options>general and then they all start working again - don't you just love microsoft! :-\

MCZaphod

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 06:16:53 pm »

My machines just updated to the latest 1809 cumulative update and right clicking on start and then Device drivers, file explorer etc don't work. The solution is to turn of MC's shell integration in tools>options>general and then they all start working again - don't you just love microsoft! :-\

So essentials the same as I did, disable the MC shell integration functionality.

I don't however think this is necessarily a problem with Microsoft as my computer has 13 other 3rd party contextual menus, none of which are causing this problem. Only the MC shell is. So I would still like a developer to look into this for a fix.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 02:13:45 pm »

I have the same problem with all Media Center versions so far including 27, just disabling the shellextension helps.

Please JRiver fix this
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)
Pages: [1]   Go Up