INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I set up a smartlist of songs with cover art that is small?  (Read 1283 times)

stumpygremlin

• World Citizen
Can I set up a smartlist of songs with cover art that is small?
« on: October 12, 2018, 10:00:35 pm »

Can I set up a smartlist of songs in my library with embedded cover art that is smaller than, say, 500x500 pixels, and/or isn't square?

If so, how?

Thanks!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can I set up a smartlist of songs with cover art that is small?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 07:50:15 am »

The answer to your question is to use the following expression in the smartlist rules... Use the 'import / export' button and paste the code below in there...
Code: [Select]
[media type]=[audio] ([=isequal([image width],500,3)]=1 or [=isequal([image width],[image height],2)]=0)
My gut is telling me that you might be better served here by using a viewscheme. I'll show what I mean in a moment... brb...

Something like this maybe...?

The "Album Art" pane is a search list...

Less than 500px
[=isequal([image width],500,3)]=1 ~sort=[Image Width],[Album Artist (auto)],[Album]
Not Square
[=isequal([image width],[image height],2)]=0 ~sort=[Image Width],[Album Artist (auto)],[Album]
Your 'set rules for file display' would be simply [media type]=[audio]
Set the view to filter in both directions (under 'Advanced')

The image file, width and height panes are just your default library fields that we all have.
As you can probably tell, all of mine are saved "Inside File" except for the BBC streams where that is not possible.

You could tweak this by adding other panes if you liked, such as artist or album panes, which could help you identify albums with mixed image files perhaps?

If you need it, you can view a primer for view creation and customisation here. It's old, but still current today.

Shout if you need any more help with this.

-marko.

stumpygremlin

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 01:51:13 pm »

Thanks for this!

I have one additional question, though.

I'm doing a search pane that looks like this:

When I do so, it doesn't seem to pull all the files that have art that isn't square. I've hit the "Reset Selection" button a couple of times and it's pulled more, but I'm wondering why it doesn't just pull them all immediately.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 03:31:48 pm »

The search rule that deals with file path... Where is that situated? It's not part of the search list is it?  I only ask because I don't see a "name" field in that dialogue.

Regarding not all files appearing at once...
I'm not sure... First guess would be, are all of your thumbnails built? If not, I think the image file fields will not populate until the thumbnail is built, so the files will be pulled in as the thumbs build. Possible?

stumpygremlin

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 03:44:48 pm »

I had it in the "Set rules for file display" portion of the view scheme.

I just moved the path into the search portion and am working on rebuilding the thumbnails to see if that helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up