INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logitech Harmony Elite & Windows 10  (Read 2257 times)

dafloydman

• World Citizen
Logitech Harmony Elite & Windows 10
« on: October 13, 2018, 03:55:26 am »

Hi all .
I have been having a constant issue with my Logitech harmony Elite in windows 10
Every time I launch an activity that involves w10(to use JRiver ) I have to go to commands and
make jriver  re learn the  buttons. In the dialogue the commands are still there but nothing works
until I do this . There is no problems with any of the other activities that do not involve the windows pc.
I should mention that the harmony"keyboard" is still connected in control panel and the new settings in windows

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Logitech Harmony Elite & Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 11:46:56 am »

How are you connected to the PC?
I use Bluetooth and did not have to do anything to get the basic playback commands to work.
For some of the other buttons, I had to customize Media Center's inputs via an XML config file: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,102236.msg709214.html#msg709214

I do run into issues if I reboot the hub, where the remote asks me to pair it with the PC again via the smartphone app, but all I need to do to fix that is open the Bluetooth device on the remote and send it a command directly, rather than using an activity which is sending Bluetooth commands. And that really only happens after they issue a new firmware update once or twice a year.

dafloydman

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 05:20:58 am »

hi Rd . Thanks for the response .
I am connected via Bluetooth. but the remote still actually works but it is just the user programmed buttons
that don't and once I re learn 1 command I am good to go , the remote still shows as connected as in windows.

dafloydman

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 04:31:50 am »

Even after a windows recovery this still happens . the other commands inside of windows computer device ie launch 1st pinned to taskbar etc still work as expected but jriver every single time I have to re learn commands.

RD James

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 09:22:41 am »

I still don't know what you mean by "re learn commands".
What are you doing by "learning" a command? Is this in Media Center? On the remote?
I've never had to do anything like that.

dafloydman

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 04:14:21 am »

Hi Rd .
I am re learning within the remote options in JRiver itself.
The basic commands left right etc still work out of the box but things
like stop or a custom button to launch theatre view doesn't until I tell jriver to
learn the commands again . Really odd behaviour all I have to do for this to happen is
run an activity (logitec ) that changes inputs. The odd thing is that the remote is still paired in
windows and hence will still respond to the generic commands in the "windows computer " device in
the Logitech list.
I hope this helps clarify and thanks so much for considering this post .

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 05:41:10 am »

Are you using MC as a client?

dafloydman

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 12:40:01 am »

Hi Jim .
No I am not   it is still happening though .

RD James

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 02:58:04 am »

Hi Rd .
I am re learning within the remote options in JRiver itself.
The basic commands left right etc still work out of the box but things
like stop or a custom button to launch theatre view doesn't until I tell jriver to
learn the commands again . Really odd behaviour all I have to do for this to happen is
run an activity (logitec ) that changes inputs. The odd thing is that the remote is still paired in
windows and hence will still respond to the generic commands in the "windows computer " device in
the Logitech list.
I hope this helps clarify and thanks so much for considering this post .
Not really sure what to suggest, as I only had to connect my remote to the PC via Bluetooth and all the basic playback commands like play/pause/stop and next/prev work by default.
I didn't have to "teach" Media Center any commands, and I thought that was only for IR receivers anyway.
I'd suggest that this is an issue with how the device is configured on the Logitech side rather than Media Center.

dafloydman

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 02:04:57 am »

Interesting . the one time that I don't have to re input the custom commands is after one of the updates on the first use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up