INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to find images edited in MC  (Read 1267 times)

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How to find images edited in MC
« on: October 18, 2018, 01:03:24 am »

Hi,
I couldn't find a way to do this...
How do I find/filter images which were edited in MC (rotation, crop, etc).
I edited a few and now would like to remove the edits.
Anyone?
Thanks!
max

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to find images edited in MC
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 01:28:42 am »

When you edit, MC saves the changes.  In the editor, the original is still there.  Just remove the edits.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 01:32:11 am »

Jim,
Yes, I realize this.
But how do I find images which were edited?
Thanks!

When you edit, MC saves the changes.  In the editor, the original is still there.  Just remove the edits.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 02:39:14 am »

MC writes a tag into the MJMD section of the file, which is visible via the Tag Dump if you have added it to the Image Tag window. See attached image. That section is empty until you edit the file. Or at least that appears to be the case.

I don't know if you can reference that tag in a View though, or how you would do that. I can guess, but haven't tried. That is, I would hope that the Tag(...) function could read the tag for use in a View, but I wouldn't entirely confident in that...

Actually, I just created an Expression column in an Image View, and entered the expression "Tag(Tool_Name)", and the contents of the tag showed up for the file I edited just now.

So that is your answer... Well, maybe not, as MC writes those MJMD tags even if all you do is run the "Image Edit" function on the file and then cancel out of it. But it is a start. Maybe if you do actual edits there is some way to see that from the other tags in the section.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 02:55:39 am »

Yeah.. For some reason, I don't see the Tag Dump. I looked in Settings too. In MC22 it was called differently (Format or something) and it was available.
Oh.. I am currently at MC23 - haven't upgraded to MC24 yet. Maybe that's why.

MC writes a tag into the MJMD section of the file, which is visible via the Tag Dump if you have added it to the Image Tag window. See attached image. That section is empty until you edit the file. Or at least that appears to be the case.

I don't know if you can reference that tag in a View though, or how you would do that. I can guess, but haven't tried. That is, I would hope that the Tag(...) function could read the tag for use in a View, but I wouldn't entirely confident in that...

Actually, I just created an Expression column in an Image View, and entered the expression "Tag(Tool_Name)", and the contents of the tag showed up for the file I edited just now.

So that is your answer... Well, maybe not, as MC writes those MJMD tags even if all you do is run the "Image Edit" function on the file and then cancel out of it. But it is a start. Maybe if you do actual edits there is some way to see that from the other tags in the section.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 04:08:10 am »

In order to see the Tag Dump in the Tag window you will need to modify the Image Template.

That is easy to do, just open the Tag window, click on the icon in the top left of that window, then click Customize. Scroll to the bottom and select the last item, then click Add, add a Group called "Tag Dump" or whatever you want to call it. Then add an new expression item below that, I also call that "Tag Dump", and for the value, enter "Custom(TagDump)".

Done.

It should look like the image attached.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 04:13:17 am »

It doesn't seem to work in MC23. Will upgrade to MC24 and see what happens. (I upgraded to MC24 a few months ago but something went wrong so I backed down).

In order to see the Tag Dump in the Tag window you will need to modify the Image Template.

That is easy to do, just open the Tag window, click on the icon in the top left of that window, then click Customize. Scroll to the bottom and select the last item, then click Add, add a Group called "Tag Dump" or whatever you want to call it. Then add an new expression item below that, I also call that "Tag Dump", and for the value, enter "Custom(TagDump)".

Done.

It should look like the image attached.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 04:29:02 am »

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this can only be done using the new, what used to be called "experimental Tag window".

That is available in MC23. Just hold the Shift key and click the Tag item in the Action Window. Shift-Click toggles between the old and new tag windows.

But MC24 is good and stable now, so try to install the upgrade again. It will be worth it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up