INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No auto import?  (Read 3979 times)

koolmees

• World Citizen
No auto import?
« on: October 21, 2018, 03:23:50 am »

I noticed that on this moment my auto import doesn't work anymore.

I have all my music in D:/Music/ maps. So I configured this folder (see attachment). But when I have put new songs I don't see it in the library. It is for months now, but I noticed now. When I try a single import, the same problem: no songs are imported.

What setting is wrong?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: No auto import?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 06:18:44 pm »

If you run Auto Import manually, does that work? i.e. Not import a single folder, but running the full Auto Import manually.

If so, is background Auto Import turned on? "Options > Library & Folders > Run auto-import in background" should be checked.

If not, you should select that Music folder in Auto Import configuration, click Edit, and check that Audio files are included, and the file types you are trying to import are selected.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 11:48:15 pm »

If you run Auto Import manually, does that work? i.e. Not import a single folder, but running the full Auto Import manually.

It does not work.

If so, is background Auto Import turned on? "Options > Library & Folders > Run auto-import in background" should be checked.

It is checked.

If not, you should select that Music folder in Auto Import configuration, click Edit, and check that Audio files are included, and the file types you are trying to import are selected.

The folder is selected (see my attachment).

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 12:02:04 am »

The folder is selected (see my attachment).

So select the folder, then click Bewerken, and check that the correct file types are selected.

See Folder Settings in this article: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Auto-Import
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 12:41:27 am »

So select the folder, then click Bewerken, and check that the correct file types are selected.

See Folder Settings in this article: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Auto-Import

I think all settings are right (see attachment)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 02:13:47 am »

Well that looks right. All Audio files should be imported.

You are still on MC22, and there was an Auto Import bug some time back. Maybe check the Release Notes in the Wiki to see if that could be the issue, since it was fixed. Maybe a MC update installed with the bug way back when the last MC22 version was installed?

Otherwise, Windows Update may have broken it, or your Anti-virus solution, or a Firewall.

Or if D:\Musiek\ isn't a local disk, perhaps a NAS, something there might be broken.

There have been some discussions on the forum where other people have had the problem, probably back in MC22 or so. Perhaps search for those threads.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 02:19:02 am »

You are still on MC22, and there was an Auto Import bug some time back. Maybe check the Release Notes in the Wiki to see if that could be the issue, since it was fixed. Maybe a MC update installed with the bug way back when the last MC22 version was installed?

Maybe the easiest way is to install the last update? Where can I find the last one?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 12:47:34 am »

The last update to MC22 was MC22.0.110. Is that what you are on already? It can be found here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110887.0.html

If you want to upgrade to MC24 to see if the problem is fixed, that can be found here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,117795.0.html
You could install MC24 as a trial to check if it fixes the problem, and if it does, buy the upgrade.

Otherwise, please have a go at searching the forum for issues around Auto Import not working. Start your search at the top level of the forum so that the whole forum is searched. Or you could use the custom Google search of JRiver found here: https://www.jriver.com/support.html as it generally finds more and has better search capabilities, like Google.

If you are still stuck, ask again.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 01:33:47 pm »

Even when I install MC 22 on a clean computer the problem is not gone. I can't believe that I have to buy every time a new version when a bug exists. I use MC for 11 years now and never there was any problem. I regret I bought a new version 2 years ago.

If MC can't resolve such problems I have to look for other software. But I should regret, MC is exactly what I need.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 06:07:55 pm »

Whining and threats won't fix the issue.

Bottom line: MC Auto Import worked for ages, even on MC22, and then stopped. Nothing changed with the MC software, so it isn't a bug.

Something changed in your environment. I made some suggestions above what those things may be. I'll add to that that it could be a setting you changed or some maintenance you have done. None of us on the forum knows your environment, so you have to work with whoever comes along to help to solve the problem. Microsoft is breaking all sorts of things with Windows updates, and security issues and updates are breaking even more things. None of that can be controlled by JRiver.

If you've been using MC for 11 years, you should understand the JRiver development and business strategy. They stop development and fixes for earlier versions when they start on a new version, with very little overlap, and only in special circumstances. MC is pretty cheap, and upgrades are even cheaper. If you were to hire someone to come to your home and fix the problem, it would cost a lot more than an upgrade.

Besides, an upgrade may not fix the problem, as it is most likely your environment: Single PC or Client-Server setup, Windows version, Anti-virus software, Firewall settings, hard disk or NAS setup, etc.

So, moving forward, describe your environment considering all of the above.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 02:06:27 am »

It is not my intention to threaten, but I want to use software that does as it has always functioned.

I do not have to hire anyone, because I myself am the owner of an IT company. But I would not know where to look for such a mistake. That's why I installed MC on a completely clean computer and the car import does not work either. The error is indeed in this version of MC.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 06:04:27 pm »

I do not have to hire anyone, because I myself am the owner of an IT company.

Okay, then I suggest that you turn on logging in MC and do some testing. You should be able to find reference to Auto Import in the logs, and perhaps work out the issue.

If not;
So, moving forward, describe your environment considering all of the above.

koolmees

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 12:43:09 pm »

Unfortunately I could only find out that the problem is only in Windows 10. I am not a developer of software, so I don't have a solution for this. But it even exists on a clean Windows 10 without updates. Also in MC 24.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 03:08:36 pm »

Excellent. Some progress. I assume you mean that Auto Import doesn't work on Windows 10, but does work on Windows 7. Correct?

There is a 100% chance that the Windows 10 Defender Firewall or Antivirus software is blocking MC from accessing the music and importing it.

There is no such thing as a clean Windows 10 install without updates, unless you installed it from an optical disc to a PC that isn't connected to the internet. Windows 10 forces updates. All of them eventually. Particularly versions other than Windows 10 Professional.

If you have blocked UAC messages, or set Defender to silently block programs, you won't have seen the popup messages to tell you it blocked MC. If you clicked the box that said "Don't show me these messages anymore" you won't see the Defender warning messages.

There are lots of posts about fixing Defender so that it allows MC to work properly. There is even one pinned to the top of this MC24 forum. Take a read. Fix your PC. It isn't a problem with MC.

When did I first suggest that it was a Windows update or Defender? Oh yeah, two and a half weeks ago.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114101.0.html
Otherwise, Windows Update may have broken it, or your Anti-virus solution, or a Firewall.
Pages: [1]   Go Up