INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Annoying Click when using 'Add To Playing Now'  (Read 1174 times)

JimWezzy

• Recent member
Annoying Click when using 'Add To Playing Now'
« on: November 09, 2018, 01:39:08 pm »

When something is Playing and I select something else from my Library, as I do so there is an annoying pop/click.

I am using version 23.0.104 (64 bit) connected to my DAC and Amp which haven't changed and this never used to happen.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Jim.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Annoying Click when using 'Add To Playing Now'
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 02:09:06 pm »

The pop is coming from your DAC.  Try using the option in MC to play leading silence.

If it happens only when the file format changes, try using MC's DSP Studio > Output Settings to force everything to the same bitrate and sample rate.

JimWezzy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 10:37:22 am »

Apologies for posting in the wrong section andf thanks for moving it.

Same DAC, it has only started recently.
Sorry for not being clear, I do get the clicks when the Sample Rate changes, I can live with that, I prefer to have everything converted 'natively', to me it sounds better that way, without up/down sampling.
The click that is bothering me happens as I press 'Enter/Return' after selecting an Album or Track, Right Clicking ''Add To Playing Now''. I am continuing to listen to currently playing Track and it is whilst playing this Track that adding another Album or Track to the Playing Now List causes the Click.

Cheers,

Jim.

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 10:45:41 am »

The click that is bothering me happens as I press 'Enter/Return' after selecting an Album or Track, Right Clicking ''Add To Playing Now''. I am continuing to listen to currently playing Track and it is whilst playing this Track that adding another Album or Track to the Playing Now List causes the Click.

Why do you press Enter/Return? Right-click on the track, then left click on "Add to Playing Now". I can't tell you why pressing Enter causes a click, but you shouldn't need to press it.

JimWezzy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 11:46:21 am »

Apologies, I meant Left Cleck, not Enter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up