INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NAD D3045 play is 'something wrong'  (Read 1238 times)

ray72

• Recent member
NAD D3045 play is 'something wrong'
« on: November 19, 2018, 09:57:08 pm »

I finally got the JRiver Media Center to load my 280GB of FLAC files from my 2TB drive. Thanx bob!
Now I can play the files thru the HDMI speakers on my display (boo). Each NAD so far on the Playback List options is silent and after touching the list once, now I get 'Playback Problem'. Kodi ran the NAD nicely. I don't think it is broken. I'm going to try a reboot to see if the display is fully fixed or only once. Maybe this will also fixe the NAD output...
ray72

ray72

• Recent member
Re: NAD D3045 play is 'something wrong'
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 11:13:35 pm »

bob,
No, the ASUS display confuses the Id Pi if it is there during boot. And the NAD still won't accept 44.1kHz 16bit 2 channel FLAC files from DBPoweramp ripped CDs. The reboot didn't fix that. I don't think this is a NAD fault. It plays them from Kodi.

ray72

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 11:28:40 pm »

bob,
The switch of the NAD to front:CARD=Audio,DEV=0[ALSA]NAD USB Audio,Front Speakers
worked to get the NAD to play. I haven't tried all 13 NAD choices on the list... I think this was my 4th try. Is there some ranking to get this right? I have at least 1 3CD set of 24bit files. I don't remember the data rate. I'll check that out.
ray72

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 08:29:49 am »

bob,
The switch of the NAD to front:CARD=Audio,DEV=0[ALSA]NAD USB Audio,Front Speakers
worked to get the NAD to play. I haven't tried all 13 NAD choices on the list... I think this was my 4th try. Is there some ranking to get this right? I have at least 1 3CD set of 24bit files. I don't remember the data rate. I'll check that out.
ray72
That's a reasonable device to use. Anything that starts with front: or hw: are direct hardware device drivers.

As far as your ASUS monitor goes, it appears that the firmware for the Pi is having trouble seeing it properly. We aren't forcing a HDMI mode, we are expecting the EDID negotiation to work the way it's supposed to and have never run into this issue before. You might try googling your ASUS model and EDID issues to see if there are any solutions.

ray72

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 03:31:49 pm »

bob,
  A BENQ sensye works fine. I will likely start a new Topic based on my reply to JimH re a different Topic whose name I can't look up while I'm writing...
It seems a laptop with linux and JRiver to connect my 2TB library to my NAD would slide the entire raspBerry Pi out of the picture and satisfy my privacy concerns. Any ideas? Yes I will start a new topic about this question.
ray72
Pages: [1]   Go Up