Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Series  (Read 881 times)

DotJun

• Recent member
Series
« on: November 20, 2018, 12:06:52 am »

I group up some of my movies using the series tag (Harry Potter for example). Is there a way to tag a single file to two different series names so that it will show up in both series groups without the need for me to having 2 of the same files?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Series
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 12:45:00 am »

Not that I'm aware of.

There is functionality built around the Series-Season-Episode concept in MC, in that some other fields like the [TheTVDB Series ID] or any custom fields can be set as relational to the [Series] field. I think that functionality would get broken if you tried to enter two values into the Series field. Also, the Series field is a String, and not a List type field, and you can't change that. So whatever you put into the [Series] tag will be considered as one Series name.

I have thought a little about for example Marvel movies, and the Series they may belong to, such as X-Men. My conclusion so far is that the films belong to the X-Men series, and if I wanted to group all Marvel movies together I would add a Keyword of "Marvel" to the files. Actually, in the case of Marvel movies, almost all the descriptions already include the word, and I can just search for "Marvel" in any view and it is filtered down to just those movies.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 01:37:33 am »

i created a new field called Boxset to do a similar thing. Make it a list data type and you can have multiple values.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 01:41:45 am »

I also have a custom list-type field that I use to tag movie series together. I also use it for more generic categories like "3D" or things like that. Custom fields let you go as crazy as you want. :)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

DotJun

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 04:40:30 am »

i created a new field called Boxset to do a similar thing. Make it a list data type and you can have multiple values.
Happen to know of any guides that show how to do this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

MikeO

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 04:52:22 am »

I have the same but mostly for music, I have 3 custom tags

Box Set
Disc Name
Disc Volume

The volume one is used for big sets that are split to volumes eg Beethoven Edition

Disc Name allows you to give each disc a descriptive name while leaving the Album Tag as is

Mike

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 05:34:48 am »

I've got a similar field for music stuff. It's an easy way to break up multi disk titles in a logical way, rather than the physical split across disks. Also good for keeping remixes, remastered etc. One particular gripe is all of the extra tracks on albums, which I separate out with a different disk name, but the same album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up