INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boulder 1021 CD/Streamer Player - Streaming my files???  (Read 748 times)

gfroman

• Recent member
Boulder 1021 CD/Streamer Player - Streaming my files???
« on: November 27, 2018, 04:57:19 pm »

I recently acquired a used Boulder 1021, and am interested in trying to stream my AIFF music files to it via Ethernet connection on 1021.
Currently, I have a MacMini with outboard hard drive to store 7000+ AIFF files > USB > Ayre QX-5 digital preamp.

Boulder's Rich Maez responded to my inquiring stating -
    There may be a way to get JRiver Media 24 to work on a network via the UPnP protocol.  If so, the files could easily be streamed to the 1021 that way.  I think this is possible, however I am not positive.  I know that JRiver Media Center offers UPnP server support, so if the two have the same network capabilities, then there should be no problem streaming your files via a bit-perfect network system.

Since the Boulder 1021 only has an Ethernet input, can anyone suggest how I can do this with the latest available streaming apps???

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Boulder 1021 CD/Streamer Player - Streaming my files???
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 04:59:15 pm »

Our wiki has a topic called Media Network that should help.

gfroman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 06:27:14 pm »

Thoroughly confused on how I can get the 1021 to work.................

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 06:31:32 pm »

Did you read the topic?  It should explain what you need to know. 

DLNA and UPnP are closely related.  You need to turn on Media Network and see if the 1021 shows up as a renderer under playing now.  If so, drag a file to it.

gfroman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 02:01:52 pm »

I think I got everything playing through the Boulder 1021.

Only thing that wont work is DSP Studio.
When I click on it in the menu, a box comes up saying "DSP Studio only for local zones" ?
So I guess I cannot use the Equalizer while going this route thru the 1021???

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 02:31:32 pm »

DSP Studio will work with DLNA (network) zones.  It's kind a confusing though, so pay close attention when you are clicking around in the interface after reading this:

To use DSP with a DLNA zone, you need to set up a "profile" for that zone and then change the DSP options inside it in a special place.  You can just use the default profile, but then your DSP options will be applied by default to any other network zones you might set up in the future.

To get to the profiles area:

Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers

Then you either select an existing profile or create a new one.  Once you have the one you want selected, then from the same menu:

Audio > Advanced > DSP Studio

Now your DSP changes will be part of that profile.  Finally, you need to associate your profile with the DLNA zone you already have set up.  Go to the main interface of MC.  Look on the left under Playing Now and find your network zone.  Right click on it and there is an associate menu item.  Select the correct profile from there and you should be all set.

You might need to restart MC after you make these changes... not sure about that.

Good luck!

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up