INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie File Naming  (Read 735 times)

dnavratil

• Junior Woodchuck
Movie File Naming
« on: December 07, 2018, 03:19:56 pm »

Newbie Dave trying out MC24 on Windows DT!  I'm testing how movies will look organized in your software.  I made a folder and put 3 movies in it (MKV)!  Each of the movie files was named with Title (Year) format.  Example  3 Days to Kill (2014).  When I import the 3 movies and go to thumbnail view 2 of them are good with title only under the thumbnail, but 3 Days to Kill shows up as 3 Days to Kill 2014 BDRip 10bit 1080p DD5.1 H265-d3g!!!!  What am I doing wrong or what setting needs to be corrected?  I have over 5000 titles do not want to manually enter each one.
I opened the properties screen on the incorrect file and under the description tab it shows the Title as it appears in your software but yet the files name is correct!!  Any suggestions would be of great help! Tks, DN

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Movie File Naming
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 04:36:46 pm »

Select the file and choose Tag.  What is the name there?

dnavratil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 12:59:18 pm »

Jim, I did as you said and it has the bad information on it!  It looks like that tag was there before I even downloaded the file last year!!  Is there an easy way to remove all old tags on files when I 1st import into MC24?  Thanks for your help in this matter! David N.

Select the file and choose Tag.  What is the name there?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 02:56:18 pm »

Jim, I did as you said and it has the bad information on it!  It looks like that tag was there before I even downloaded the file last year!!  Is there an easy way to remove all old tags on files when I 1st import into MC24?  Thanks for your help in this matter! David N.
You could use MKVToolNIX_GUI Header editor to remove title from matroska file (mkv)

dnavratil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 02:22:32 pm »

I think I found the answer.  There is a option to get file info from the file name, I tried it out on about 20 of my files and seems to work perfect.  My library looks nice in thumbnail view and have them grouped by year the movies were released!!  Thanks so much for all help - DN

You could use MKVToolNIX_GUI Header editor to remove title from matroska file (mkv)
Pages: [1]   Go Up