INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC24 is adding an unassigned file every time a cd is ripped  (Read 753 times)

decal

• Recent member
MC24 is adding an unassigned file every time a cd is ripped
« on: December 12, 2018, 07:33:06 am »

Everytime I rip a cd to MC24 it adds an unassigned
file to my library. How can I stop this?

decal

• Recent member
Re: MC24 is adding an unassigned file every time a cd is ripped
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 07:13:54 pm »

bump

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 06:27:22 am »

You probably need to describe the issue in more detail to get a response as it's not clear (to me at least) what you're seeing.

Spike

decal

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 03:21:37 pm »

When I rip a CD, two copies are put in the library. One is called unassigned.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 04:29:57 pm »

When you insert a CD for the first time, MC analyses it and create a record in its CD Database.
When you RIP a CD MC creates a record in its Main Database.

If you have changed Views, it is possible that your View could be looking in the two databases.

If the CD is showing in Unassigned, that means that the CD doesn't have a value assigned to the attribute that you are primarily sorting on. For example, if your CD doesn't have anything in the [Artist] field, and you look in the Artist View, the CD will show up in the Unassigned category. Same if there is no value in the [Genre] field, and you look at the Genre View, the CD will show up in the Unassigned category.

When you RIP a CD, if you have an internet connection, MC will try to look up the CD and gather metadata about it, and therefore should have values in most common fields, such as [Artist] and [Genre]. But if the CD isn't common, there may not be any data available to download, so the fields may remain empty, hence Unassigned in some Views.

MC doesn't put two copies in the Library when you RIP a CD. You shouldn't see the CD twice in one View, once identified correctly, and once in Unassigned. But you can see it identified correctly in one View, and identified as Unassigned in another View.

So, please try to describe in some more detail what you are actually seeing.
What exact version of MC are you using? i.e. MC24.0.68?
Are you seeing this is Standard View or Theatre View?
What Views are you using? Artist? Album? Genre? Files? A custom View you made?
Do both "copies" of the CD point to the exact same location on your hard drive, NAS, or other storage device?

Are you able to post an image of where you see Unassigned?

Over to you.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up