INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: multithread convolution in linux  (Read 1868 times)

basanisi

multithread convolution in linux
« on: December 12, 2018, 10:19:59 am »

Hello,

I use a registered jriver on the ubuntu 18.04, to listen flac music stored on a synology nas, and mapped via nfs share, on wifi.

Ubuntu 18.04, and jriver, are installed on a dell latitude laptop équiped with a core 2 duo P8700, with 4 Go of RAM.

My sound card is a TOPPING D10 DAC USB 32bit/384kHz DSD 128 connected via optical toslink to my audio amplifier.

My flac files range from 44,1 Khz to 192 Khz, and I have created stereo convolution filters for each frequency for room correction.

All work perfectly since I play flac at a frequency larger then 96 Khz, after the sound lags seriously.

I think the the convolution software option doesn't use multithreading.

Is there someone on this forum who has encountered this problem ? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: multithread convolution in linux
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 10:41:05 am »

Does it work without convolution?  You may just be limited by CPU.

basanisi

Re: multithread convolution in linux
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 01:44:16 pm »

Yes of course it work's well without convolution, but I buy a licence because jriver had a convolution engine, that manage automatically multiple sampling frequency. Foobar2000 that I use before had convolution plugins, but manage sampling frequency manually, but it's convolution engine is multithread and work use the 2 core of my core2 duo P8700.

The convolution engine in jriver is mono threaded and use only one of my dual core.
Pages: [1]   Go Up