INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Eject CD  (Read 3737 times)

TooManyCDs

Can't Eject CD
« on: December 15, 2018, 11:55:06 am »

The latest update appears to have disabled the ability to eject a CD after ripping.

Only way to eject now is to quit MC. As soon a I do that, the CD icon appears on my desktop, where I can right click on it and eject.

CD ejection in MC was working just fine with previous iteration.

webline

Re: Can't Eject CD
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 11:45:32 am »

same for me!

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 11:53:52 am »

we'll look into it, thanks for the reports
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

RolandG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 06:46:46 am »

Doesn't work here, either.

kramkajs

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 12:32:45 pm »

>:(
Me, too.

Sometimes I can eject by clicking on Drives & Devices, then right-clicking on the disc in the CD drive and selecting Eject. Usually I have to try several times. It helps if I click on the “>” to the left of the disc icon until it goes away and only the CD information remains.

Ugh.

Kerry_M

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 09:47:32 am »

I've had this issue for some time, and it's a real headache, as I typically listen to music while I rip CDs, so having to quit the program after every rip is a disruptive PITA.

MikeBRG

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 11:02:41 am »

Count me in on this one. Macbook Pro running 10.11.6 and iMac running 10.12.6 both show it.

No problems on many versions up to 23.0 but can now see it on 24.0, including latest 24.0.74.

Have noticed that when ripping starts, the disc icon on the desktop disappears and then re-appears when ripping complete in 23.0 but does not re-appear with 24.0 until MC is closed. MC is not returning control back to the OS at end of ripping.

Can supply logs if it helps.

MikeBRG :(

Sutne

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 11:08:50 am »

No solution to this problem?
I have to quit JRiver after each rip to be able to eject the CD.
The CD is not visible in MacOS when JRiver is running.

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 03:29:30 pm »

Using MC24 24.0.75 MAC ver. Any update on this? It's been around for some time & is a major hassle to rip CDs. We need a fix!
Thanks,
Kev

P.S. Last response from JRiver;

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 11:53:52 am »

we'll look into it, thanks for the reports

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 04:45:49 pm »

You might consider another tool for ripping on OSX.  I've had great luck with XLD.

Brian.

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 04:55:08 pm »

You might consider another tool for ripping on OSX.  I've had great luck with XLD.

Brian.
Guess I will, as it doesn't look like it's going to get fixed. I'll look at XLD, Thanks, Kev

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 05:02:55 pm »

I just installed 24.0.78 & when my rip completed, the Drive reappeared in the OS & I was able to eject it. MC24 still ignored the setting to eject after rip, but I may need to restart MC again before I know if this is still broken. Just did this once, so hopefully MC is returning control to the OS after a rip!
Update: Worked just the first time I ripped a CD. The next one, after ejecting CD via OS, MC ended RIP in the same way. Not returning control to the OS & not ejecting the disc. Trying again with the eject feature turned off. Nope, still broken!
Kev

racheever

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2019, 12:24:16 pm »

I have had the same issue.  The workaround that I use, rather than exit the program and reopen, is to disconnect the USB Superdrive and reconnect it.  (I realize this is not an option for those of you with a built-in optical drive.)  Once the drive is reconnected and i hear the disc engage, it will eject using the eject button on the keyboard.  (not always on the first attempt though.)  This might be a slightly less annoying workaround that exiting and reopening JRiver.

fredsun925

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2019, 11:25:29 pm »

I have had the same issue.  The workaround that I use, rather than exit the program and reopen, is to disconnect the USB Superdrive and reconnect it.  (I realize this is not an option for those of you with a built-in optical drive.)  Once the drive is reconnected and i hear the disc engage, it will eject using the eject button on the keyboard.  (not always on the first attempt though.)  This might be a slightly less annoying workaround that exiting and reopening JRiver.

Hello. I made this account just to tell you that there is an easier way around this problem. All you need to do is to press the play button and then press the stop button in JRiver and then click Eject three times, or just wait for a while and click Eject once.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 04:25:26 pm »

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 07:23:24 pm »

It needs to be fixed in MC24. I am through with purchasing MC upgrades to fix bugs. New features is different, but bug fixes should not require the purchase of the upgrade. Probably time to look for another product.
Kev

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 08:32:55 pm »

MC24 development was closed several months ago. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up