INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Get Back to Standard List of Files When Ripping  (Read 1162 times)

LennyM

• Recent member
How to Get Back to Standard List of Files When Ripping
« on: December 18, 2018, 05:02:51 pm »

I've come to terms with this very powerful program and I have not been heard from for a while.  But I have a problem that just stumps me.

When ripping a disc (CD) MC provides a rather compact list of files, and one by one it shows which are being ripped.

But all of a sudden (I must have clicked on something) each file is now occupying about half of the space in the content panel.  It's mostly empty space with a large quarter note at the left and the name of the track on top.  So two of these appear, though the rest can be scrolled.   It stays this way until all files are ripped.  Then the Panel converts into the normal column mode.

I've tried everything and I would appreciate it if some one could tell me how to restore the simple and compact list of files while they are being ripped.

Thank you.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to Get Back to Standard List of Files When Ripping
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 05:38:21 pm »

It is a bit hard to be sure without an image, but it sounds like the View that displays while a CD is being ripped has been changed from the Details View to a Thumbnails View.

When you are next ripping a CD and this view shows, hover your mouse over the drop-down menu on the View tab, then under "List Style" select "Details".

If that isn't it, capture an image of what you see during a RIP and post it here.

In case the above isn't clear, I ripped a CD and set it to a List Style of Thumbnails, then showed the menu where this can be changed. See the attached image.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

LennyM

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 10:35:16 pm »

Thank you for your response.  Attached is a screen shot of what I have been experiencing today.  As you can see, I don not have a "List Style" option under the "View" tab (assuming I'm looking in the right place).

I appreciate your help.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 11:18:38 pm »

assuming I'm looking in the right place

Nope.

Hover over the little triangle (disclosure triangle) pointing down that the green and red arrow is pointing to in this new image. Then you will see List Style, and then you can pick "Details".

It looks like you have selected a List Style of "Tiles" at some stage.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

LennyM

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 11:27:48 pm »

Got it. 

On my screen I have to hover over the title of the album just below the Player Bar to get the "List Style".

Thanks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 12:28:14 am »

Yes, the Album title or the disclosure triangle. Both work.

In my image the title of the Album was "Greatest Hits", which is right next to the disclosure triangle.

I'm glad it's fixed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up