INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GIZMO will no longer connect to JRiver library server  (Read 3509 times)

Ghubbard

• Recent member
GIZMO will no longer connect to JRiver library server
« on: December 30, 2018, 12:23:17 pm »

I used to connect my Galaxy S9 using GIZMO and it worked great!
I have since upgraded my DSL Modem for a faster speed.  I them started the GIZMO app.
I next was asked to add my Server access Key.  I added it and clicked on go.  It started and attempted 10 times to connect and then returned a
message "There is a problem connecting to the server"
The access Key I inputted is  [EDITED]  which I got from the Media\options section.  This the same key I used when GIZMO was working.
Any and all suggestions are welcome.

George

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
    • Citizen of the Universe
    Re: GIZMO will no longer connect to JRiver library server
    « Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 01:44:24 pm »

It is not a good idea to share your Access Key publicly. You should edit that out.

Are you just accessing the MC Server from within your LAN, or trying to access it from the internet?

As you have a new DSL Modem, I assume that includes the router as well? In which case, your router needs to learn to allow Gizmo to connect to the MC Server PC, and any firewall on the PC needs to also allow a connection from Gizmo.

It is also very likely that your Public IP Address has changed with the new DSL Modem, so the IP Address associated with your Access Key needs to be updated on the JRiver web server. Your internal LAN IP Address has probably also changed, and similarly needs to be updated on the JRiver server. That should have happened pretty quickly, but just try rebooting the PC, DSL Modem/Router, and the S9, start MC on the PC, and then give MC a few minutes to update the info.

If that doesn't work, or maybe before trying that, just delete the MC Server from Gizmo and then add it back in and test again.
    What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
    What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
    The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
    Important relevant info about your environment:     
      Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
      Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
      Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Ghubbard

• Recent member
    « Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 11:25:09 pm »

Tried your suggestions but it still is not connecting?
    George

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 12:23:26 am »

If you use this link http://jriver.com/webgizmo.html, and enter your Access Key, select "Inside my network", does JRiver Panel open successfully, after asking for authentication credentials?

If you go to the address: http://webplay.jriver.com/libraryserver/lookup?id=[access code] replacing [access code] with your Access Key, are you shown a page with your Public IP Address, and a list of one or more local IP Addresses, and are they correct?
    What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
    What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
    The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
      Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
      Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
      Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Ghubbard

• Recent member
    « Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 12:50:00 pm »

Your first suggestion work fine!

Your second did not, returned error and did not open anything
    George

Ghubbard

• Recent member
    « Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 05:20:36 pm »

After I finish entering the key, the box I input the key into stays Outlined in red and the curser stays blinking.  Is this correct or normal?  The curser never leaves??
    George

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 05:35:28 pm »

After I finish entering the key, the box I input the key into stays Outlined in red and the curser stays blinking.  Is this correct or normal?  The curser never leaves??

Do you mean in the first method that worked? Using https://jriver.com/webgizmo.html? That is the only one that has a box. No, the box shouldn't be outlined in red, and I can't make it outlined in red by inputting an invalid Access Key.

The second method doesn't have a box. It is just a URL in which you have to add your Access Key. If you just clicked the link, then you should have seen something like the attached image.

If we assumed that your Access Key was aBcDeF, then the URL you should use is http://webplay.jriver.com/libraryserver/lookup?id=aBcDeF  Is that what you did?

Ghubbard

• Recent member
    « Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 06:04:48 pm »

The second case when I clicked on link I did not get any display to input the key  It just looked like some command data??
    The blinking red input box is what I get on my android GIZMO app.  I'm confused!

George

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 07:04:41 pm »

Sorry. My fault.

The URL I was asking you to try in the second method should be run in a browser, not inside Gizmo. Perhaps best on a PC rather than a phone, although it will work on a phone. Your phone is connected to your home WiFi network when you are trying all this, correct?

Both methods are just testing that in your setup you can reach the JRiver servers to get the required IP Address information for your Access Key.

Also, you need to edit the links I provided, as they were examples and either incomplete or used a dummy Access Key. Copy the URL from my post, Paste it into a browser address bar, then edit it to use your Access Key. Report if your IP Addresses are returned correctly.

Ghubbard

• Recent member
    « Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 08:38:20 pm »

I received the following:
    <keyed>[Access Key removed by JimH]<
    <ip>75.167.x.x<
    <port>52199<
    <localiplist>192.168.0.4,192.168.0.2<

Now what do I do with this data?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 09:07:27 pm »

Okay, it looks like your hardware can reach the JRiver server.

You should check that your Public IP Address is 75.167.x.x, with the complete address, of course, not edited with the x's. You can do that just by going to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ in a browser. I expect that to be correct.

You should check that your MC Server on your LAN (Local Area Network) has an IP Address of either 192.168.0.4 or 192.168.0.2. You can check that in your router interface, or in the PCs "Network & Internet" settings.

Gizmo should check both when it tries to connect. Normally I would only expect to see one 192.168.0.x IP Address, although there may be other addresses that Windows creates for certain network functions. Or I guess your MC Server PC could have an ethernet wired connection and a wireless connection, each of which will have an IP Address.

You don't have two PCs running MC Server do you? If you have two running, maybe Gizmo is trying to connect to the wrong one? Perhaps an old PC that Gizmo can't connect to?

If all the above is correct, then can I confirm that you did try this suggestion I made?
    If that doesn't work, or maybe before trying that, just delete the MC Server from Gizmo and then add it back in and test again.

In Gizmo, just press and hold on the existing listed server, and then select Delete. Then add the server back in again using your Access Key.

PS: Thanks Jim. Sigh.

Ghubbard

• Recent member
    « Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 12:22:07 am »

I checked the Public IP address and it is correct.

Two things I noticed when I was trying to connect via GIZMO on my phone:
    After I input my key and then clicked on GO, I could see the display scanning the public IP address and then the IP address 192.168.0.4 and then 192.168.0.2 and then the port 52199, it retried this 9 times, then, stopped and reported that connection failed.

On the new modem it states that the GIU address is HTTP\\192.168.0.1

Two upgrade my service they had to add an additional line to increase the speed.  They found that the new added line was defective but was able to upgrade the download speed to 20MPG using the old line.  Might this be the problem?

I only have JRiver MC running on one PC.

I don't see how to delete the MC Server from GIZMO?

Maybe all this helps solve the problem?

George

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #12 on: January 01, 2019, 02:23:31 pm »

On the new modem it states that the GIU address is HTTP\\192.168.0.1

That is the address of the router. I wanted you to check the address(es) of the PC using the router, or "Network & Internet" settings in Windows Settings on the PC. But don't worry about that now. I will assume 192.168.0.4 or 192.168.0.2 are correct, as they are likely to be.

Might this be the problem?

No.

I don't see how to delete the MC Server from GIZMO?

I know I write a lot, but you need to read what I write carefully and completely.

In Gizmo, just press and hold on the existing listed server, and then select Delete. Then add the server back in again using your Access Key.

When you press and hold a menu pops up with the delete option.

BTW, the symptoms you described more completely in that last post would suggest that your phone is not connected to your local network via WiFi. I did ask about this before.

Your phone is connected to your home WiFi network when you are trying all this, correct?

Please confirm that WiFi is turned on in your phone and that it is connected to your home network.

Ghubbard

• Recent member
    « Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 11:12:57 pm »

OK, let's try again!
    My WI-FI is on and my S9 is connected
    The phone App I have installed is called Gizmo supplied by JRiver
    When I select/open this App, It displays the following:
      A symbol of a home and next to it the word Gizmo and on a second line under it,"Connect to a server".

Under this is a line of text which reads:  "Enter a JRiver Library Server access key:"
      Under this text are three Boxes:  the first box outlined in red has the curser (ready to input the access key).  The next box "Go" and the third "Help"

Under this is a picture of two fingers touching, and under this the text "Gizmo" and under this, the text "You're on the bus"
    There is nothing else on the screen!

So my only options are to input the access key, which I do and then select Go
    Then it try's to connect and after 10 times trying it returns a message "There was a problem connecting to the server"

I have tried pushing and holding on several things and nothing happens! What am I missing?

George

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 03:05:38 am »

Ah! Very thorough, and that helps a lot. Thank you.

I can't actually get to the point you are at easily to test and see what you see, because even when I delete my server, Gizmo remembers it next time and logs me in anyway! Even when I deleted Gizmo and reinstalled it, it remembered my server and reconnected.

So, I need to clear Gizmo's Data and Cache.

Here is a link that describes how to do that: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-and-when-clear-app-cache-or-data-android

I'm using a Sony XZ Premium running Android 9 Pie and noticed a couple of differences. So this was my process:

Settings
    Storage
    Tap "Internal shared storage"
    Tap "Movie & TV apps"
    Tap "Gizmo"
    Tap "Clear cache"
    Tap "Clear data"

Exit Android settings
    Start Gizmo
    Enter Access Key

At this point I am asked for the Username and Password for the MC Server I am connecting to. Note that these are the MC Media Network Authentication Username and Password, set under "Options > Media Network > Authentication", if you have it turned on, which you should. They aren't the PC Username and Password.

Once that is done, I am connected.

Does this work for you?

Ghubbard

• Recent member
    « Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 10:41:18 am »

I was able to clear cache and data!
    I them started Gizmo and got the same input screen, as I described earlier, and entered the Access Key and then go
    Same results as I described earlier, No Connection!

George

JimH

• Administrator
    • Where did I put my teeth?
    « Reply #16 on: January 02, 2019, 10:51:43 am »

Could be firewall related.   Make sure port 1900 is open for SSDP.

Ghubbard

• Recent member
    « Reply #17 on: January 02, 2019, 02:28:25 pm »

How would I check this?
    George

Ghubbard

• Recent member
    « Reply #18 on: January 02, 2019, 03:32:36 pm »

A breakthrough, I have made connection to the server!  I think it was Firewall related as I did find some related JRiver programs and changed them to "open to all devices".

Thank all of you for your work on helping me fix this problem.  I truly appreciate it!

George Hubbard

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 03:39:41 pm »

Excellent! I was assuming as Gizmo worked before that the firewall on your PC still had those rules in place. I guess windows must have changed those rules when it detected a new router in your network.

I did think that maybe Windows had switched your network to a Public network because of the new router. I was just going to get you to check that, as below. I'll leave the instruction below in case you want to have a look at whether your network is marked as Public or Private. It should be Private for your home network.

Are you using Windows 10 on the MC Server PC?

If so, on your MC Server PC;
    Open the Windows 10 Settings page. (Windows menu > Gear icon)
    Click Network & Internet
    On the left the "Status" option should be highlighted. On the right there should be a graphic representing your network connection, with a connection name, and below that it should say "Private Network"  or "Public Network".
    If it says "Public Network" click on "Change connection properties"
    Under "Network Profile" click the "Private" radio button

On your Galaxy S9 try Gizmo again.
    Pages: [1]   Go Up