INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Stuttering [Probably Solved]  (Read 1223 times)

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
Video Stuttering [Probably Solved]
« on: December 24, 2018, 09:16:10 pm »

Something just happened to my setup.  Earlier today I updated to 24.0.72 from .71.  I also updated my NVIDIA drivers to 417.35 and all was well, no issues at all.  I went out for Christmas Eve dinner with friends and now when I got home, I wanted to watch TV via JRiver and I get video stuttering every 2-3 seconds.  If I load the HD HomeRun App, the video playback is fine (JRiver still processing audio via DWDM).  If I bring up Chrome and jump to Hulu and play that also works fine.  I tried down grading my video driver to 316.34 and did not fix it.  So I reverted to .71 and .70 and neither of those fixed it.  So I put everything back to the newest version. 

After more testing....

I am running Red October in HQ mode and have been for years with no issues as I have a NVIDIA GTX 1070.  I have been able to fix the video stuttering by going back to Red October Standard.  I can reproduce this at will just by changing the Red October setting between HQ and Standard.

Any ideas?

Merry Christmas!!
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

chris635

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Video Stuttering
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 04:08:45 pm »

I am running Red October in HQ mode and have been for years with no issues as I have a NVIDIA GTX 1070.  I have been able to fix the video stuttering by going back to Red October Standard.  I can reproduce this at will just by changing the Red October setting between HQ and Standard.

Any ideas?

I have experienced this as well, back to to standard cures it.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 07:58:54 am »

Software doesn't just stop working over night without changes. If MC didn't update in the meantime, then something else must've either updated or changed. Without knowing what that is, its impossible to really diagnose remotely.
With NVIDIA, one thing I would make sure is that the power management in the NVIDIA control panel is set to "Adaptive" (in the advanced profile settings), because Optimal Power can sometimes cause in stuttering video.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 09:33:36 am »

Antivirus software is a common cause.  Here, for example:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83473.msg570320#msg570320

That thread and the Weird Problems thread (link in my signature) would be worth reading for ideas.

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 11:11:16 am »

I'll read through the Weird Problems thread...

I agree that stuff shouldn't just stop working for no reason and that is why I posed the extended information.  The playing audio and video with the HD HomeRun app worked fine and streaming video over the web worked fine.  It was just when JRiver was processing the data from the HomeRun Prime and sending it to the screen.  If it were antivirus or some other app, I would think it would have affected the video from the HD HomeRun app as well as JRiver.

But I'll read through the Weird Problems thread and see if anything jumps out at me.  Though it is odd that Chris635 seems to have the same issue.
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 04:49:40 pm »

ok, I turned RO HQ back on to start testing if this was AV related or not and now it is working fine.  I give.  I guess Murphy decided to stop by for the Holidays.
Pages: [1]   Go Up