INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Lyrics Lookup  (Read 28436 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: NEW: Lyrics Lookup
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2019, 01:09:39 pm »

Coming next build:
Changed: Made lyrics lookup at playback time if lyrics display is on optional.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2019, 09:42:51 pm »

Thank you.

nataru

• Recent member
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2019, 04:43:51 pm »

Just a heads up: this feature was automatically enabled for me and I didn't even know about it. I mainly listen to asian music. A LOT of my songs automatically got gibberish and wrong lyrics in the tags. I guess because lyrics for asian music/asian websites is not supported. But because of this, I now have to clear the LYRICS tag for a lot of my music.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2019, 04:44:58 pm »

You could restore from a backup.  MC makes them automatically.

Be sure you're using 25.0.71 or later.

minogue

• Recent member
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2019, 12:49:05 pm »

I like this option. Kind of fun to see the lyrics I have been singing wrong for 35 years!

One question; I get lyrics showing up occasionally to songs with no lyrics. Example is Tangerine Dreams soundtrack to Miracle Mile. I think they had lyrics on every song (not positive). Can this be fixed? Can you report it to someone?

No biggie, but it would be nice if we corrected database mistakes if possible.

Cheers,
Kyle

OfotViking

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2019, 05:10:17 am »

I see google may be the main source for lyrics lookups? There is some small issues with it.
- Empty lines after verses or empty lines in general seems to get lost.
- There is always that line in the middle that is cut short (...)

Abbra Cadabra

• World Citizen
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2019, 09:29:58 am »

Will there be any way to adjust the size of the text used in the lyrics when displayed?

Also, can we get a Toolbar Button for this function?

I swear I am not here to drive you crazy!

Negasonic

• World Citizen
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2020, 06:01:02 am »

Good idea.

Coming next build:
Changed: Things in brackets are removed from the name before lyrics lookup.

This is not working for me, just tried with

Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon (Single Version)
Fleetwood Mac - Over My Head (Single Version)

No lyrics. But if I manually removed '(Single Version)' from both tracks, the lyrics were picked up.

creal

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2021, 03:00:05 am »

Good idea.

Coming next build:
Changed: Things in brackets are removed from the name before lyrics lookup.

Hello,

How about doing the same thing for (), please? Or let the user decides which symbols in the preferences.

It's frustrating for the people who have +50k songs with all the "feat." formatted as "(feat. ****)". In that case, the lyrics lookup never work.

Thanks,

creal.

creal

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2021, 09:52:57 am »

Am I the only one caring about this aspect?  ::)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2021, 10:15:27 am »

This is not working for me, just tried with

Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon (Single Version)
Fleetwood Mac - Over My Head (Single Version)

No lyrics. But if I manually removed '(Single Version)' from both tracks, the lyrics were picked up.

Are we sure this is a good idea? Removing brackets is ok I guess but not removing what’s in the brackets as you may have different lyric versions for different song versions…

creal

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2021, 01:46:19 am »

Sure, but we could specify a rule, like this one: remove all "(feat.-)" in title before looking up for lyrics

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2021, 07:40:27 am »

Sure, but we could specify a rule, like this one: remove all "(feat.-)" in title before looking up for lyrics
I think it's risky for MC to make decisions like this.  You can rename your files.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2021, 08:24:39 am »

I think it's risky for MC to make decisions like this.  You can rename your files.
And the feat. Could also mean slightly different lyrics than a “non feat.” Version. What I do when this happens is do the lookup manually within MC with a custom rule.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2021, 12:14:07 pm »

My opinion is that brackets off all types should be excluded when searching for lyrics. At least a third of my library has brackets of some sort for things like featured artist, remix, remixing artist, remix version, covered artist, acoustic version, demo version, live version, radio edit, etc. Many bands release remix albums for every album they have. None of these albums get lyrics for me. Maybe some of the different versions have slightly different lyrics but these small discrepancies are minor compared to a third of my music failing lookup. Some of the bracketed stuff is user entered, some is officially there. It is unlikely that a user on one of the lyric sites is going to make lyrics for every bracketed version of each song, and if they did it's unlikely they would format the name consistently with the official track name.

Another possible fix for this is one that I have recommended for videos in the past. Give MC the ability to use an alternative field for lookup. Call it something like "lyric lookup". Let users fill that field with a cleaned up name that will be used when searching for lyrics.

creal

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2021, 02:51:53 am »

Hello Jim,

Okay, that's fine. I am thinking about replacing all parenthesis by brackets (only if the song is related to a "feat." info). What's the easiest way to bulk retag & rename all those songs, please?

Thanks,

creal.

creal

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2021, 02:53:00 am »

And the feat. Could also mean slightly different lyrics than a “non feat.” Version. What I do when this happens is do the lookup manually within MC with a custom rule.

How can you do that? Could you describe the process of looking up lyrics manually with a custom rule, please?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2021, 08:19:46 am »

Library Tools can do a find and replace.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2021, 09:28:30 am »

Just "Paste Link Information to Clipboard"  under a right clcik "manage links" upper right corner:

Code: [Select]
<Link version="1.2">
<Item Name="Name">Google Lyrics</Item>
<Item Name="Action">1</Item>
<Item Name="Base URL">http://www.google.com</Item>
<Item Name="Search URL">http:////www.google.com//search?q=[Artist]+[Name]+lyrics</Item>
<Item Name="Filter"/>
</Link>

creal

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2021, 06:45:45 am »

Thanks, but what formula do I have to type to bulk tag in one click, please?

I already use the "replace" function to change "(feat" by "[feat", but now I am facing a problem since I have different names, such as:
- Eyesdown [feat. Andreya Triana) : this is the easiest type of names to be renamed, just an ended parenthesis to be replaced by an ended bracket
- Ante Up [feat. MOP) (Remix) : the "(Remix)" info is well placed (at the end of the name)
- Purple Rain (Mousse T's Home A Lone Mix) [feat. Steve Clisby) : this one is an error from my part, it has to be inverted (the feat. info before the remix info)
- I See Gilrs (Crazy) [feat. Romeo & Harry Brooks) (Tom Neville Remix) : in this one, (Crazy) is part of the title

I could try to replace ")" by a "]" but it does not work with "=replace([name],),])". And even if it works, I don't want other ")" parenthesis (such as "Crazy)" in the upper example) to be replaced by a "]".

I have around 3000 names to retag, then to rename but I guess it will be easier.

Thanks for your help,

creal.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2021, 06:21:19 am »

somewhat off topic for lyrics discussion but I'd do own fields like [Featuring] and [Version] and put only actual track name in the name field.

i.e.

[Name] = Purple Rain
[Version] = Mousse T's Home A Lone Mix
[Featuring] = Steve Clisby

Then on playing now "customize display" (right click on playing now OSD)
...Instead of just displaying [name] add expression to display all three e.g (colours added just for fun)

[Name]If(!IsEmpty([Version]),/ <font color="#e2b86a">/[[Version]/]<//font>,)If(!IsEmpty([Featuring]),/ <font color="#d0e26a">/[feat. [Featuring]/]<//font>,)
You can also make new field with that expression if you like e.g.
field name: [Name (extended)]
Value calculated with expression:
[Name]If(!IsEmpty([Version]),/ /[[Version]/],)If(!IsEmpty([Featuring]),/ /[feat. [Featuring]/],)
which would then display Purple Rain [Mousse T's Home A Lone Mix] [feat. Steve Clisby]

That way your [name] field will be clean and you'll probably get more results for lyrics.  I'm not really in the featuring/remix scene so I don't if lyrics sites have some standard aproach for these or even commonly have different lyrics listed for different mixes so take above with grain and salt.

creal

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2021, 04:38:34 am »

Thanks lepa for your suggestion. For the moment, I just wish to replace parenthesis by brackets, but I will definitely take a look at your method in a near future.

All that I need to optimize the process now is to find a formula that replaces the last character of the name (which is a closed parenthesis) by a closed bracket. Is that possible? If so, how? It would help a lot.

Thanks.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2021, 06:55:31 am »

=If(IsEqual(Right([Name],1),/),0),RemoveRight([Name],1)/],[Name])If last character of the name is ")" it will be replaced with "]" if there wasn't ")" as a last character it returns unchanged name.

Untested expression i just did during my break so try with couple of files and ctrl+z undo is your friend if something went wrong (also library backup before large changes might be a good idea)

You can also right click columns and add expression as a new expression column to preview the changes before running it with [Name] field

creal

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2021, 08:36:40 am »

Thank you very much. It works perfectly. I just missed the "/" to add something at the end of a string.

Good idea for the expression column as well.

Have a nice day,

creal.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2022, 03:41:42 pm »

Sorry for being late to this topic, but wanted to know why only 12 lyric lookups at a time?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2022, 05:58:28 pm »

Site limitation.  We intentionally throttle lookups.

You can set MC to look up each time you play if the lyrics tag is empty.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up