INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Availability on Android  (Read 1835 times)

Andy1701

• Recent member
Availability on Android
« on: January 14, 2019, 07:18:31 pm »

Hi, being new to JRiver, I would like to ask if there is yet available a "stable and working" version of the JRiver media player for android devices that will give me the same audio quality output as I get from the JRiver I have on my windows laptop and that will work with both the bluetooth output and the cable output. I went to Google play and there is a comment that says that the app is "Unstable". I am not sure what that means. If there is such an Android compatible version where is the best place to buy it. Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Availability on Android
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 09:31:28 pm »

rec head

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 07:07:25 am »

Are you looking to play files that are already on the phone or files that are on your computer?

Andy1701

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 09:20:29 pm »

I am looking to play files that are on my tablet and my phone outputting to an external DAC (Oppo HA2SE)

rec head

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 08:11:50 am »

I just checked the MC for Android app. It doesn't look like you can play to other devices yet. Only through the phone/tablet.

Since you said you are new to MC you should know that if you have MC running on a PC then you can easily stream to another device (DAC) using your phone or tablet as a remote. I don't know about your DAC specifically but I think most DLNA renderers and Chromecasts work when controlled from a remote.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 02:31:02 pm »

I don't know about your DAC specifically but I think most DLNA renderers and Chromecasts work when controlled from a remote.
JRiver for Android can also play to a DLNA Renderer.

rec head

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 03:06:15 pm »

Sorry for the bad info.

Under Play To I only see Player and Here. A bunch of other renderers show up when I use different remotes.

BradATIMA

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 03:11:51 pm »

Under Play To I only see Player and Here. A bunch of other renderers show up when I use different remotes.

Is the device connected to the same network as the renderers or just a cellular network?

rec head

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 05:24:06 pm »

Is the device connected to the same network as the renderers or just a cellular network?

I just opened Panel and then MO4Media and had all the renderers. I opened MC for Android and only had Here and Player.

It is also annoying that I have go to Close instead of swiping it away.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 08:08:53 pm »

I just opened Panel and then MO4Media and had all the renderers. I opened MC for Android and only had Here and Player.

It is also annoying that I have go to Close instead of swiping it away.
Renderers can sometimes take a few minutes to show up.

BradATIMA

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 03:15:44 pm »

If the phone running JRiver for Android is only connected to a cellular network and not a WiFi network, it should not find any DLNA devices. However, it should be able to find DLNA devices if it's connected to a WiFi network that has some. I'm just checking to make sure your device running JRiver for Android is connected to a WiFi network with DLNA devices and not just a cellular network.

One other thing you could try is changing the zone in JRiver for Android. In some instances the zone list will not update until you change the zone.

rec head

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 05:50:02 pm »

They finally showed up. It took more than a minute which isn't great.

Andy1701

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 11:16:47 am »

I think I did not explain what I want to properly, all I want is to play the music files that are stored on my Android phone and my tablet but use and external DAC connected via the USB port on the device to which my headphones are then connected so I get the same quality audio that I do when using the JRiver on my Laptop, I have seen the app on Google play that I can buy but I am worried that it says it is "Unstable" and I do not know what that means.

BradATIMA

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2019, 09:58:31 am »

I think I did not explain what I want to properly, all I want is to play the music files that are stored on my Android phone and my tablet but use and external DAC connected via the USB port on the device to which my headphones are then connected so I get the same quality audio that I do when using the JRiver on my Laptop, I have seen the app on Google play that I can buy but I am worried that it says it is "Unstable" and I do not know what that means.

We haven't done any testing with USB DACs connected to phones yet. We might be able to start testing by the end of the week. Unstable refers to the fact that it's currently in beta because it's still early in development and there will likely be bugs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up