INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver / Whitebear interaction  (Read 1490 times)

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
JRiver / Whitebear interaction
« on: February 14, 2019, 07:31:17 pm »

Query re Andrew's excellent Whitebear tool.

I have an MC24 Linux Server and Windows client and I want to make use of Whitebear's suggested DLNA MC Video Settings.

The ouput gives me the option to save suggested video settings directly to MC which is great and what I want to do, however as I am running the tool on the Windows client machine it sees that as the "Associated MC DLNA Server", hence all the settings apply to the client where (I assume) they will not actually do anything as I use the Linux MC server for all DLNA streaming.

In fact I have sharing disabled on the client, so Whitebear picks up the AMCDS as "  , from Media Center 24 ( on this computer )" and all suggested settings correctly highlight that there are none in place.

Is there any way to point the analyser to the Linux Server so the settings get saved to the actual DLNA Server, or as I suspect, do I have a client/server setting configured incorrectly?

Thanks

Scobie.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver / Whitebear interaction
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 05:03:26 am »

The DMRA only runs on Windows, and it suggests the settings needed to push to a renderer from that machine. But there is nothing to stop you reading those settings, and manually replicating them on the Linux machine.

However in the special case of MC server pushing to MC as a renderer, I would not recommend following the DMRA settings. This is because MC “knows” when it is talking to another instance of itself, and they apply other specific optimizations and settings. I think other persons on this forum may be able to help you better in your case..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 05:25:09 am »

Thanks Andrew, if manually entering the settings on the Linux Server is required then thats all I needed to know, just wanted to validate I hadn't set missed something in setup.

Cheers

Scobie

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 05:57:54 pm »

Is there a way to save settings as a profile for certain files? I have some .mkv files that WHitebear recommends specific settings for, but things like mp4's play with the "Original" setting.

Can I automate the application of the .mkv settings only when playing those files?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 10:47:42 pm »

You could use two different zones.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 11:46:22 pm »

Can I assign 2 Zones to the 1 DLNA renderer?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 09:13:28 am »

Is there a way to save settings as a profile for certain files? I have some .mkv files that WHitebear recommends specific settings for, but things like mp4's play with the "Original" setting.

Can I automate the application of the .mkv settings only when playing those files?

Thanks
If you are playing from MC to MC you shouldn't need to do this.

At any rate, if you are pushing from MC to something else there isn't a way to set file specific conversion for use with something like zoneswitch since the DLNA renderers are dynamic and you can't clone them.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 04:43:15 pm »

Thanks Bob that was my understanding as well. Apologies I should have specified a DLNA setup rather than MC to MC.

Managed to get this happening with a Specified Only when Necessary setting.

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up