INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External device configuration  (Read 717 times)

vaso65

• Junior Woodchuck
External device configuration
« on: March 07, 2019, 04:36:57 am »

Hello,

I have a question as I can not understand how the configuration of the external device (for example the smartphone) works after having configured the device with the custom paths. (see Attachment)

When I connect the device I always see all the files also present in folders other than those inserted (for example, it always reads the DCIM folder of the camera).Reading all the folders in the "Drive & Devices \ card" view displays all the photos with the entry Artist = unassigned

Is it possible to exclude the folders not configured in the personalization from reading the device?

Moreover
Is it possible to configure the "Drive & Devices \ card" view with "Album Artist" instead of "Artist"?

Thanks

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: External device configuration
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 09:02:34 am »

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but typically the handheld sync options are for moving files TO the device. If you are more concerned with viewing files already on the device then you should set up an auto-import rule for the device's mount location, ideally with the "Fix Broken Links" setting set to "Yes (protect files on missing drives)".

vaso65

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 07:08:32 am »

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but typically the handheld sync options are for moving files TO the device. If you are more concerned with viewing files already on the device then you should set up an auto-import rule for the device's mount location, ideally with the "Fix Broken Links" setting set to "Yes (protect files on missing drives)".

I agree with "sync options for moving files TO the device" and for this the question is "because if I configure the folders to be managed with the Media Center in the" Drives & Devices "view I also see the files in other folders (example / DCIM and subfolders)? "

Also if you use synchronization with a playlist I can not use the "delete from handheld any files not in sync list" function because it would delete all the files found (even those in the DCIM folder)

This obliges to a manual management of the deletion of the files as it is necessary to select them carefully among all those that the Media Center displays.

Thanks for the attention

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 09:04:02 am »

I believe the issue is that you set the root of the drive one directory too high. Try setting it as the PrSd\ directory as opposed to whatever is above it.

For instance your Images path would then be: PrSd-Images\ instead of PrSd\PrSd-Images

That way any files in the root of the directory (including and above PrSd) are ignored.

vaso65

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 12:05:57 pm »

Hi,

I tried to change the path (I attach print screen) but the problem has not changed.

I have performed these steps
   - Inserted and formatted a new card
   - Configured the paths as attached
   - Synchronized 3 mp3 files  (they are placed in the correct folder)
   - Unplugged the phone
   - Made 3 photos
   - Connected the phone
   - In the Drives / Device are shown the 3 MP3 files and the 3 photos (present in /DCIM , attached print screen)

Also, the JRInfo and JRState files are in root (/) of the card not in the PrSd-JRiverDB folder (configured as Data Path), but I'm not sure they should be in that folder.

I attach the JRInfo.xml file renamed in .TXT
Pages: [1]   Go Up