INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android 24.0.21 -- Available Here  (Read 844 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver for Android 24.0.21 -- Available Here
« on: March 20, 2019, 08:09:59 am »

Preview build 24.0.21 is available on the Play Store
This is a new build of JRiver for Android.  Please post bugs here.

Please use this thread for discussion.

Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Play Store Download
[Build pulled by JimH]

24.0.21 (3/19/2019)

1. NEW: Improved the lifecycle of the media service. The media service will now start when playback starts, and can be stopped from the notification window.
2. NEW: Created a custom notification window that will update as playback changes.
3. Changed: Moved the options menu to side drawer view, which can be opened from the menu bar or by swiping right from the left side of the screen.
4. Changed: Replaced the Panel header bar with an app toolbar.

24.0.20 (3/4/2019)

1. Changed: Panel - Removed the folder name from the folder context menu.
2. Changed: Panel - Adjusted the sizing of the folder context menu.
3. Fixed: Made some improvements to the way JRiver for Android handles DLNA.
4. NEW: Panel - Added an audio device select to the settings page when the zone is set to "Player."
5. NEW: Panel - Added an information tab to the settings page to display some of the library server information.
6. Fixed: There was a crash on exit because the app was still sending messages after components had been destroyed.
7. Fixed: There was a possible crash on start-up when the app was checking for all available storage devices.
8. NEW: Added an option to run auto import from the menu.
9. NEW: JRiver for Android will automatically get an access key if it doesn't have one. You can find it in Panel on the settings page in the Information tab.

24.0.19 (2/13/2019)

1. NEW: Panel - Added thumbnails to the file list view.
2. NEW: Panel - Added a context menu to folders with some play options. Use a long press to activate.
3. NEW: Panel - Added an option to the file context menu to delete the file from the library.

24.0.18 (2/5/2019)

1. NEW: JRiver for Android will now auto-import smartlist files (.jsxml).
2. Fixed: Panel - Zones were not showing up in the latest version.

24.0.17 (1/31/2019)

1. Changed: Panel - Removed the zone "Here," which referred to the web browser, from JRiver for Android. The default zone is now "Player."
2. Changed: Panel - Added filename to the file info display on the Playing Now page.
3. Fixed: Panel - When the Playing Now playlist would finish, it would create an error.
4. Fixed: Panel - Newer versions of Chrome would create an error exiting fullscreen mode when Panel wasn't in fullscreen mode.
5. Fixed: Panel - Panel would keep refreshing if a page contained a lot of folders that only contained folders.

24.0.16 (1/14/2019)

1. NEW: Panel - Added support for saving playlists. When selecting 'Save Playlist' from the additional options menu, it will grab the list in Playing Now for the current zone and save it with the name the user provides.
2. NEW: Panel - Added an option to the settings page to set how the sub-folder count is indicated. Currently defaults to hidden.
3. Changed: Panel - Moved the shuffle and repeat buttons to the additional options menu on the Playing Now page.

24.0.15 (1/8/2019)

1. NEW: JRiver for Android will now attempt to import from secondary storage devices as well.
2. Fixed: The app would crash when using the back button in some cases.
3. Fixed: The notification playback buttons were sending commands to all zones.

24.0.14 (12/21/2018)

1. NEW: Added an About option to the menu to display the app version.
2. Fixed: The app service would sometimes crash.

24.0.13 (12/20/2018)

1. NEW: The app now runs as a service, which allows it to keep system resources when in the background or sleeping. This will cause more of a drain on batteries if the service is running when the device is asleep.
2. NEW: Added a notification window with some playback control options for when the device is locked or the app is in the background.
3. NEW: Added a quit option to the menu in the action bar that will properly stop Media Center.

24.0.12 (12/14/2018)

1. Fixed: Playing an image to the Player zone would cause a crash.
2. Changed: The device back button will navigate back through the
browser history instead of destroying the task unless it can't go back.
3. Changed: Added the DCIM (camera) folder to the list of import folders.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver for Android 24.0.21 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 07:19:16 pm »

JRiver for Android 24.0.21 keeps stopping whenever I try to play any track from my phone. Feedback sent with log via the Android function.

It could be that the Audio Device selection is always "Select". If I try to select the "Android Obeo" device, it is never saved and reverts to "Select".
"Play to" wasn't set. My PC MC Server was an option, but I set it to "Player". Once I did that my PC MC Server was no longer an option.
I could see my phone available as a Dynamic Zone on my PC Server, but selecting it crashed JRiver for Android 24.0.21. I tried again and the Dynamic Zone appeared, then disappeared, but the Library on the phone was still visible.
The phone Dynamic Zone reappeared on the PC after a while. Selecting it made it disappear. Any activity on JRiver for Android 24.0.21 seemed to make the Dynamic Zone reappear.
I loaded the library from the phone on the PC. That worked. I set the Zone to "There" so audio would play to the phone. I selected an Album to play, clicked play, and JRiver for Android 24.0.21 crashed.
I loaded the library from the phone again, left the Zone set to "Player" and played am Album to the PC. That worked.

There was one track in Playing Now on JRiver for Android 24.0.21, which I couldn't play. I also couldn't see a way to clear that track. So I added an Album worth of tracks after that first track, then tried to skip the first track before playing. That crashed JRiver for Android 24.0.21.

Basically, I can't get JRiver for Android 24.0.21 to play anything locally. It will only serve files from my phone to my PC for playback.
I did try rebooting my phone after update to see if that sorted things out, but it did not.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 07:30:48 pm »

It's broken.  Sorry.  Tomorrow?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 08:40:29 pm »

Ok.

I'm not using it regularly at the moment. Just testing as I make time. So not a big issue, but worth reporting I thought.

Actually, the "1. NEW: Improved the lifecycle of the media service. The media service will now start when playback starts, and can be stopped from the notification window." was of interest, as up until now JRiver for Android has kept itself active even after being closed, reporting itself in the Notifications, which was an issue for me. I thought this change might fix that situation.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

BradATIMA

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 11:01:23 am »

We just uploaded a new version with a fix for the crash on playback. It should be available within a couple of hours.
Pages: [1]   Go Up