INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Devices to Stream to in Other Rooms  (Read 1093 times)

cowboydude99

• Junior Woodchuck
Devices to Stream to in Other Rooms
« on: March 22, 2019, 12:56:00 pm »

Hi there.

I have my media server (just Windows 10 Pro) connected to my home LAN by 1gbps connection.

I want to take my JRiver library and stream it to another device in another room.

Would a Sony Blu-Ray player (ubp-x800) be able to access and play these ISO or MKV files with full 7.1.4 Atmos track?

If not, what would you recommend?  Another computer running MC24/25 looking at the server's library?

What are you using to do this?  Maybe that is a better way to ask.

One more thing.
If using MADVR on the server, does the streamed image use the render of MADVR, or will the remote device render it using its own settings?

cowboydude99

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Devices to Stream to in Other Rooms
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 01:53:00 pm »

Anyone at all?  :)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 04:53:01 pm »

Would a Sony Blu-Ray player (ubp-x800) be able to access and play these ISO or MKV files with full 7.1.4 Atmos track?

That would depdend entirely on the capabilities of the UBP-X800, as a DLNA Renderer. You would, of course, need to Bitstream ATMOS to it, and you may or may not need to transcode the video portion. MC can do that. It is all in the Media Network/DLNA settings.

Read up about Media Network and DLNA in the Wiki and forum.

If using MADVR on the server, does the streamed image use the render of MADVR, or will the remote device render it using its own settings?

The remote device, acting as a DLNA Renderer, will be doing the rendering. MadVR won't be involved.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

cowboydude99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 07:36:14 am »

Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up