INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Disrupted by Web Browsing  (Read 716 times)

jetori

Play Disrupted by Web Browsing
« on: March 23, 2019, 06:29:47 pm »

I'm a longtime user of JRiver and have had no issues until this past week.  A routine Windows update seems to have triggered disruption of play.  The issue occurs with both Firefox and Edge and is intermittent.  I've got the most up-to-date version of JRiver 24.  I also did a complete windows update (ver. 10.0.17763, build 17763).  I've also installed the most current driver for my DAC (an Oppo 105D). 

For information, the computer is an upgraded ASUS with i7 processor, 16 gigs of RAM, outputting via USB to my DAC.

I'm appreciative of any assistance the members of this forum can provide.

Thanks,

Joe.

swiv3d

Re: Play Disrupted by Web Browsing
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 06:36:30 pm »

Can you be more specific as to what is happening, especially in terms of what you are using the web browsers for?

jtori

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 12:47:59 pm »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  The issue occurs on various websites and on various browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome).  I've had it occur while reading the Detroit News, while on LinkedIn or Facebook.  I thought it was only when there was embedded media (i.e., video), however, the last time it occurred, there did not appear to be media on the page I was viewing.  I'll  continue to try and identify a pattern and report additional findings here.

Joe.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 01:11:01 pm »

I wonder if it's a wireless mouse doing it.

Are the files local?  Is the network involved?
Pages: [1]   Go Up