INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All Songs Have The Same Time  (Read 924 times)

jmrdc

• World Citizen
All Songs Have The Same Time
« on: March 23, 2019, 10:45:13 pm »

Using 25 and Play Doctor every song has a playing time of "3:55" in the top bar.  The correct time is displayed in the list of songs.  MC plays the exact time, and shuffles accordingly, but time isn't reflected correctly in the top bar (not sure if I'm using the correct nomenclature for positions on MC).

best JMRDC

jmrdc

• World Citizen
Re: All Songs Have The Same Time
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 10:06:27 pm »

Update,

Now all songs correctly display the time for approx one second, then the top bar goes to 3:04 and stops after that song.  I switched to MC 24 and it's now doing the same thing.  Maybe I have a library corruption?  Pic attached where the menu shows the correct time, and the top bar shows 3:04.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 06:25:50 am »

It may be a problem with the device you're playing to.  If you're playing to a DLNA Renderer, test local playback.

What kind of files?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 10:31:59 am »

Every now and then the time gets "stuck" on MC for me.  Songs play, but the time does not update.  I don't think I can change tracks when this happens either.  My fix is simply to close MC and then re-open it.  That's always fixed it for me.  But I'm not sure we are describing the same problem.

As Jim said, If your playback device is a network device, I would physically power cycle it too.

Good luck.

Brian.

jmrdc

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 12:00:26 am »

90% AIF files, some mp3/4s

I've figured out what JR is doing. I select the Bridge II, select a playlist, the first song plays (time is, say, 3:00 minutes), that song plays the 3 min, next song is up and plays.  The problem is JR sees every consecutive song at 3 mins.  I've restarted everything I can to the last mile (all Internet, ethernet, wifi, ad nauseam).  It very well be my network or equipment.  I'm just asking for help from the Pros.

Also, over-explaining, if playback stops I can still click on a new song and the process repeats.  It seems to me it's not a network, DAC, or DLNA issue. ?

Using a PS Audio PWD Mk II, Bridge II
Pages: [1]   Go Up