INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Albums with same title  (Read 2205 times)

jgreen8240

• Recent member
Albums with same title
« on: March 24, 2019, 05:31:57 pm »

Folks,

I just added an album to my folder where I keep my music. It has the same album title as another in my music folder by a different artist. JRiver is combining the two into a single album with all the tracks for each.

Any idea how to separate these with out changing the album title?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Albums with same title
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 05:34:04 pm »

Make sure the tags for Artist, Album, and Album Artist are correct.

jgreen8240

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 06:45:20 pm »

Thanks Jim H. My apologies but tagging is something of a foreign language to me. One of the two albums did not seem to have anything in the Album Artist column for one so added it. A link to the screen shot below.

https://ibb.co/Dwsb7tF

Still showing as a single album though in JRiver.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 06:54:47 pm »

Looks a lot like two separate albums of the same name to me!

jgreen8240

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 09:46:24 pm »

Yes and they show up in the indexing of the albums as one with all the tracks from the two albums. Just trying to see if a way to get JRiver to see them separately?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 10:08:44 pm »

Your image doesn't show context. Perhaps provide a better one that does, or at least say which View you are showing.

So far it looks like MC is working as expected. If you are seeing something different elsewhere, you probably have an error in your View configuration. Tell us about where it looks like MC combines the albums.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jgreen8240

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 10:30:09 pm »

Thanks for your help. Let's see if this helps. On the left side you can see it shows the one album On The Line and on the left that it contains both albums. That clearer?

The link to see it

https://ibb.co/JHfbVSH

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 01:03:44 am »

Yes, much better. Now I can see that you are looking in the Default Albums View on the left navigator, and drilling down to the Album name by expanding the Albums View.

The bad news is that MC is doing the correct thing, according to the View definition. I haven't come across this issue before, or at least haven't noticed it, but I can see why it is happening. Even though the two Albums are grouped together on the left, they are showing correctly on the right, so if you can get used to that I would just leave it alone.

The good news is that if you really want to fix it, and show the two Albums separately on the left, you can. The simplest way is to add the [Album Artist (auto)] tag into the View definition so that you have another level to drill down into under the Album name in the left navigator. The first attached image shows the change you would make to the View definition, and the second image shows what the result would look like.

If you don't want to have to drill down one more level, or don't like that MC doesn't show there are two Albums under the one name, there are a few other ways to skin this cat.

One way would be to change the Category in the View to add [Album Artist (auto)] to [Album], such as in the third image. But that takes up a bit of space in the Navigation Bar, and isn't very pretty.

If you just want to see a number after the Album name to indicate that there are two Albums with the same name, try the View configuration shown in the fourth attached image. Note the red arrow. I actually wanted to use the [Album Artist (auto)] field rather than the [Album Artist] field, but that also gave incorrect results. If you use this one, use it exactly as per the image.
Expression: [Album, 1] /( GroupCount(Album Artist, 1) /)

Wait, I think I have it! See the fifth image. Is this what you want? I think this is it, but you haven't exactly said how you wanted to show the separate Albums.

I could go on. For example, I could add to the fourth image so that the number is only shown after the Album name if there is more than one Album of that name. But, I think you get the idea. If you want something just a little different, ask.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jgreen8240

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 05:57:13 am »

RoderickGI - Thank you so much for all your info. Will attempt these later today. So appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up