INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange issue playing Binding of Isaac  (Read 926 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen
Strange issue playing Binding of Isaac
« on: April 01, 2019, 02:16:57 am »

For months now I have been having an issue when playing Binding of Isaac.  The issue I have is all of a sudden when playing the game there is a delay in the keyboard that lasts between 2-5 seconds.  The keys I press still work however they have a major delay. 

Why is this jrivers problems you might ask?  It only happens when I have jrivers 24 (latest version) open.  It only started when I upgraded to jrivers 24.  I am using the server/client and it is is when I have the client open. 

I have done a lot of troubleshooting on this issue.  Originally I thought it was a hardware issue but it happens on multiple devices (tested with my dell laptop and my dell tablet).  I also though it might have been Windows 10 but when I dual booted to Windows 7 the issue still arose.  I had run several software tests on memory, hardware and cpu and they all came back clean with no issues. 

One of the that helped lead me to this conclusion was that it only happened when I was away from home.  At home the game would run perfectly.  But then it occurred to me that at home I never use jrivers though my pc  I have a chromecast, or use dlna through my stereo.  However when I am away I almost always start up music. 

Another piece of the puzzle could be that my cpu spikes and my cpu fans are constantly running after having jrivers open for a while.  My cpu's never overheat and stay below 80 degrees but it is something I have noticed that could be related. 

For the time being I stream through the web browser and don't experience any issues but would like a solution with this other then upgrading to jriver 25 (unless you know it will fix it.)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Strange issue playing Binding of Isaac
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 06:57:57 am »

Are you using MC's WDM driver?  Try turning it off.  It shouldn't cause any problems, but anything's possible.

The company name is JRiver, not jrivers, please.

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 08:54:31 am »

Sorry about using the incorrect name.  I checked and WDM driver is not enable under general -> features.  I don't know what it does.  Do you think the problem could go away if I enabled it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 08:57:11 am »

No.  I don't know what it is.

Maybe MC is searching for a drive that isn't there.  Check your auto-import settings.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 09:25:17 am »

The issue you're describing sounds like memory pressure/exhaustion to be honest.  Can you look at task manager and see if you've run out of memory and started swapping when that happens?

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 12:46:28 am »

No.  I don't know what it is.

Maybe MC is searching for a drive that isn't there.  Check your auto-import settings.

I checked auto-import and it is greyed out.  That could be because I am connecting via a client to my server at home. However I find it interesting that you brought up my CD. 

The issue you're describing sounds like memory pressure/exhaustion to be honest.  Can you look at task manager and see if you've run out of memory and started swapping when that happens?

I'll give this a try and watch the memory/cpu useage a little closer and see what happens when I shut it down after I start to experience the keyboard issues. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up