INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone Sync 2: Does it work with Mac and other platforms?  (Read 919 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Zone Sync 2: Does it work with Mac and other platforms?
« on: April 01, 2019, 02:25:52 pm »

Yesterday I did some Zone Linking using MC25 for Mac.  I linked to a zone on a Raspberry Pi running MC25 also.  It looked like the original Zone Link; same menu structure, etc.  In particular "adjust link timing" was available as an option.  I mention that specifically because RoderickCGI says (in the Zone Sync 2 thread) that if you see adjust link timing then you are NOT using Zone Sync 2!  That was news to me.

My experiment was a failure.  It plays in both locations.  But sync drifts and in less than 10 songs I had one song playing on one zone and other playing on the other.  Not good.  Stopping and starting re-synced them, but that's just a bandaid fix.

I selected my Pi zone from the Mac version of MC under the zones that it automatically populates from the network.  I'm assuming this is the right place to do it.

Is there any way to tell if I'm using Zone Sync (original) or Zone Sync 2?  Is this as good as it gets?  If so, I can't use MC for my multi-room needs.  That would be a shame.

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Zone Sync 2: Does it work with Mac and other platforms?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 06:11:09 pm »

I shall be interested to see the response. No-one corrected me when I made that statement.  ;)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up