INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CloudPlay Questions and Answers  (Read 34227 times)

Axilian

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: CloudPlay Questions and Answers
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2019, 03:15:50 pm »

I can't play your playlists Jaxtherogue.

If I try play, MC tries for quite some time, then comes back with the message "The is nothing to play".
If I try to download the playlist, I get a "Download failed" message.

I tried a few playlists, but not all.

:'(

EDIT:

I realised I was on my Client, connected to my MC Server, so I disconnected from the server. Still no good. So I restarted MC, using the local library. Still no good. Maybe 10:30am EST Sunday in Melbourne, Australia, is maintenance time for Cloudplay? Hmm, 7:30pm CDT Saturday in Minneapolis. Nah. Something else.

Tried a few of Jaxtherogues playlists and working for me in both browser and MC (14/04  21:12 UTC). Also uploaded a further 6 playlists of 50 tracks each with no  issues, I did however have some streaming issues last night (13/04/  23:00UTC) but that's cleared up so I assumed it was either an internet problem or something going on with the Amazon server

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2019, 07:21:15 pm »

RoderickGI and CountryBumkin,

If it works from a browser or at least downloads the mpl playlist file, then something has to be getting in the way of MC.  Antivirus is always my first choice of a suspect.

Are you both just using Windows Defender?

Are you both on Win10?  Not the Insider edition?

RoderickGI, thanks for all the details.  The multiple port thing is odd and could be a clue.  I'd be surprised if it's MC doing that. 

Can you both play Radio JRiver?

Well, it seems the solution for me was to change from the internal Chromium and external Chrome browser, to the internal and external Internet Explorer browser. Cloudplay now works, mostly, both inside MC and in a browser. This is unfortunate, because I almost exclusively use the Chrome browser now, and switched to the Chromium browser to fix issues in MC previously. Besides, Microsoft are putting their money on Edge, based on Chrome(!) and not IE anymore.

For comparison, I am on the latest Windows 10 version available to me as a normal user. No insider version. That's version 1803 (OS Build 17134.706). I run Norton Internet Security, Antivirus and Firewall.

Yes, I can play Radio JRiver, using the chromium engine in MC. Also using the IE browser engine, just tested.

Now as a test I turned off my Norton Smart Firewall and Auto-protect, then switched back to the Chromium engine in MC, and Cloudplay worked.

So it is some combination of the browser engine and security software that is causing the problem.

But wait, there's more. When I turned Norton Auto-protect back on, Cloudplay still worked. When I turned the Smart Firewall back on, Cloudplay still worked. I need to reboot to see if that situation persists.

Cloudplay at user.jriver.com using Internet Explorer isn't perfect, but works, with some caveats.

If I click the play icon next to a playlist, IE asks if I want to download or open the file. In the Chrome browser this obviously defaulted to download without asking, probably as a security measure. Because opening files directly from the internet can be a risk. I haven't looked at whether I can change a setting to allow mpl files to always be opened in either browser, yet. I would have expected it to be possible to form the URL for the link to always open a file, and not have to ask. This is common enough for PDF files, but I guess they are being opened in the protected environment of the browser.

Back to IE, when I click Open, I get a security warning message, as per the first attached image. As you can see, I can tell IE to always trust Cloudplay website files I open.

When I click Allow, MC comes to the foreground, with the playlist loaded in Playing Now, and playback commences.

Now I assume that it does that because my PC has a File Association for FLAC file, set to MC. So the FLAC files are being played by the associated application, MC. What happens when MC isn't installed on the PC that accesses Cloudplay on the web? I guess I haven't read up on the intended use of Cloudplay on the web. Does it always have to have MC installed, or at least an App that can open mpl playlists and play FLAC files? I thought it might just play in the browser if there was no such App, but now I'm not so sure.

Now if I click on the download icon next to a playlist, we hit some trouble. IE actually asks if I want to allow the website to open an App on my computer. See second image. When I select Allow, then I get the third image, and can't go any further. Selecting "Look for an app in the store" and clicking OK opens the Windows Store and searches for "localhost". Naturally, that is meaningless. The URL behind that download icon, which is as I mentioned above similar to "localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/SharedPlaylists?function=download&downloadtype=playlist&id=1882", is not structured correctly for use on the website.

So the Play icon can download or open a playlist, and hence it will be played in the associated application (i.e. MC), and the Download icon can't actually do anything.

CountryBumkin, sorry this doesn't help you much. Does your fourth computer use the IE engine in MC, which would explain why it works? It is still quite possible that router settings play a part, or there could be a combination of security software and browser settings that are at fault here. The trouble is, the default settings for both should be sufficient. Cloudplay shouldn't need special attention. I for one will be careful in loosening any security controls.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JohnT

« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2019, 07:42:55 pm »

I created an account and verified it, made a playlist of 5 songs and in the playlist the upload to cloud is greyed out.

I can drag the playlist to the red cloud icon and after a few seconds it says failed and try again later.

No other message or hint of the issue...
Cloudplay only works with a licensed copy of Media Center.  Are you still in the trial period?  The only other reason that I'm aware of for it to be greyed out in the menu is if you manually turned off the Cloudplay feature in the Options / General / Features area.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2019, 07:51:02 pm »

CountryBumpkin: please see if switching to the IE internal browser in MC allows you to use Cloudplay.  Hopefully we'll get this sorted out in the next couple days. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2019, 07:58:09 pm »

Well after a reboot of my PC, and using the Chromium engine in MC, Cloudplay is still working.

I conclude that my Smart Firewall was the problem, and it learned something when I turned it off temporarily and retained that learning. That is rather annoying, as the Norton Firewall is supposed to notify me if it is blocking something. So it probably isn't something as simple as blocking a communication type, but some call and response process is being interrupted or something.

Unfortunately, I can't quickly find any change to my firewall settings that has allowed Cloudplay to work. There is nothing in the firewall log, other than recording it was turned off, then later back on. (Well, actually it was still blocking some activity. Firewalls are never really completely off!) I may look again later, and on my HTPC which has the same setup, but hasn't yet had Cloudplay fixed. If anyone has any hints as to what to look for in the firewall, what communication types are used by Cloudplay that may have been blocked, or anything that could narrow my search, that would be great.

So CountryBumkin, try shutting off your firewall on those troublesome PCs for a while, test Cloudplay, and if it works, then turn the firewall back on. Maybe that is all that is required.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Aardvark

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2019, 08:22:09 pm »

When I try and Sign Up using my Forum Name, email address and password I get the response "That user name already exists."

When I try and Sign Up using a new UserName I get the response "Email This email address is already in use"

Any ideas as to how to fix?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2019, 09:42:05 pm »

Okay, I have fixed Cloudplay on my HTPC. Very simply.

All I had to do was switch MC to using the IE browser, restarted MC to get the login prompt in Cloudplay (but could have probably got that by properly closing the Cloudplay tab and reopening it), check Cloudplay was working, then switched back to the Chromium browser engine.

Cloudplay then worked fine within MC, using the Chromium browser engine.

Probably still was an issue with one of the features on my firewall, most likely SONAR, which is a heuristic firewall feature. Somehow IE "trained" Norton to allow Cloudplay, and then Chromium was able to also run Cloudplay.

Security software will save us from ourselves, but not from its own vagaries.

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2019, 03:30:42 am »

I am trying out the CloudPlay feature. I like the idea. I uploaded a playlist with highres (96/24) files. My first choice here is usually for (highres) music I own and which is not available in highres through Qobuz to which I subscribe (or any other commercial streaming service).

1. I noticed that the upload is very slow (3GB of music took more than 2 hours; normally it takes less that 15 minutes when I use Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.). What is the target upload speed given a fast internet connection;
2. When playing through JRiver the buffering is slow (compared to Qobuz, Tidal, Highresaudio, etc.). An effect is that gapless playing is not working which is annoying when listening to music where gapless is a "must".

Some remarks: I like the feature very much as I am looking for ways to listen to my music away from my home and: 1. which is not available in Qobuz (or Tidal, Highresaudio for that matter); 2. Does not compromise the bitperfect play-out, i.e. it should play natively DSD and Highres (DXD, 192/24). That is why I do not list through webplayers or browsers); 3. Supports gapless playback; 4. Allows to upload my entire DSD collection and other highres (96/24 up to DXD)not in commercial streaming services; 5. Allows us to upload albums and  preserve the album structure and not just a list of tracks.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2019, 05:16:13 am »

CountryBumpkin: please see if switching to the IE internal browser in MC allows you to use Cloudplay.  Hopefully we'll get this sorted out in the next couple days.

That worked!. Switched to IE, Cloudplay works.

I tried that before and it didn't work, however I don't recall now if I closed MC and reopened it after the change, as I did this time.

NEW: I went to the other computer and switched to IE without a restart and Cloudplay works there too now. So mark it up to user error.  ;)

Axilian

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2019, 08:20:43 am »

That sounds like the bug I had a few weeks ago where cloudplay would not work in MC chromium until you had logged into cloudplay via an external Chrome browser which seemed to set up some cookie that cloudplay needed and would them be available for MC chromium. Thought it had been fixed though (mind you there was another issue also that reared it's head again last week that I thought had been resolved also).

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2019, 04:30:37 pm »

That worked!. Switched to IE, Cloudplay works.

Try switching back to Chromium now CountryBumkin, and see if it still works. I prefer Chromium in MC, so that is what I did.

where cloudplay would not work in MC chromium until you had logged into cloudplay via an external Chrome browser

I don't know. I had logged into Cloudplay on Chrome a week or so earlier, and did it again before switching to IE. Cloudplay still didn't work. I think it was the firewall heuristics.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2019, 05:31:38 pm »

Hi Mark,
Please try registering again.  I don't see it either.

Jim

I figured it out, I have some Classic playlists up now.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Aardvark

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2019, 06:23:11 pm »

When I try and Sign Up using my Forum Name, email address and password I get the response "That user name already exists."

When I try and Sign Up using a new UserName I get the response "Email This email address is already in use"

Any ideas as to how to fix?

Would like to give Cloudplay a try but still unable to Signup

CountryBumkin

« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2019, 06:29:10 pm »

Try switching back to Chromium now CountryBumkin, and see if it still works. I prefer Chromium in MC, so that is what I did.

Switched back to Chromium and Cloudplay still works!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2019, 06:41:00 pm »

We'll check tomorrow.  Sorry for the problem.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2019, 07:05:35 pm »

Switched back to Chromium and Cloudplay still works!

Excellent! I think that is one for the "Weird and Unusual" thread Jim.

What firewall heuristics do are pretty much invisible with Norton. But I don't actually know what component of my firewall was the issue. The fact it still works for Countrybumkin would imply that Windows Defender uses the same type of functionality.

So a new tool in the kitbag: When something that uses the browser engine in MC doesn't work, don't just switch browsers and be done with it. Switch browser, test, if working switch back, test. If fixed, Firewall heuristics.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2019, 07:09:45 pm »

Well done finding the answer.  Thanks.

reddkard

« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2019, 09:27:34 pm »

Hi..... I’ve upgraded to 25.0.18 for Mac and when Cloudplay asks for my email and password , it says “invalid user name or password .i never logged in on the original Doctor Who so I tried to register but it says User Name already exists   I’ve tried on a browser outside of MC and the same thing happens ...thanks for any help

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2019, 09:50:43 pm »

Using 25.0.18 I had to switch to IE to get Cloudplay to work. Soon after, I upgraded to 25.0.24 and now I can't upload to cloud because I get a warning far all songs "Reason: Must have embedded cover art.". All songs do have cover art.

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2019, 01:07:40 am »

I am trying out the CloudPlay feature. I like the idea. I uploaded a playlist with highres (96/24) files. My first choice here is usually for (highres) music I own and which is not available in highres through Qobuz to which I subscribe (or any other commercial streaming service).

Q1. I noticed that the upload is very slow (3GB of music took more than 2 hours; normally it takes less that 15 minutes when I use Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.). What is the target upload speed given a fast internet connection?;

Q2. When playing a cloudplaylist through JRiver the buffering is very slow (compared to Qobuz, Tidal, Highresaudio, etc.). An effect of that is that gapless playing is not working which is annoying when listening to music where gapless is a "must" (such as Opera, Oratoria, etc.). How can have gapless?

Some general remarks: I like the feature very much as I am looking for ways to listen to my music away from my home and: 1. which is not available in Qobuz (or Tidal, Highresaudio for that matter); 2. Does not compromise the bitperfect play-out, i.e. it should play natively DSD and Highres (DXD, 192/24). That is why I do not listen through webplayers or browsers); 3. Supports gapless playback; 4. Allows to upload my entire DSD collection and other highres (96/24 up to DXD)not in commercial streaming services; 5. Allows us to upload albums and  preserve the album structure and not just a list of tracks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2019, 07:01:59 am »

On both of your questions, the answer is, "We're still learning."   We hope to improve both, but the server belongs to Amazon.

We will probably not allow DSD or anything so large.  At least, not anytime soon.

Bigpoppapump

• Recent member
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2019, 10:41:35 am »

I’ve tried to upload a playlist and get art is embedded and a fail. How do I correct this ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2019, 10:42:14 am »

What file types?

Did you register?

Did you re-try?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2019, 02:09:33 pm »

Hi..... I’ve upgraded to 25.0.18 for Mac and when Cloudplay asks for my email and password , it says “invalid user name or password .i never logged in on the original Doctor Who so I tried to register but it says User Name already exists   I’ve tried on a browser outside of MC and the same thing happens ...thanks for any help
We're working on a fix for this and it should be available tomorrow.  It will require updating MC25.

JohnT

« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2019, 03:42:33 pm »

Try the "Forgot your password?" link on the sign-in page.  It will send an email to your forum email address (....@yahoo.com) with a link to a page where you can choose a new password for cloudplay.

JohnT

« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2019, 03:47:24 pm »

Sorry for the trouble.  Please see my comment right above this one about using the "Forgot password?" link to establish your account.

JohnT

« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2019, 03:51:46 pm »

I figured it out, I have some Classic playlists up now.
Cool!  Thanks for trying it out.

Bigpoppapump

• Recent member
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2019, 07:36:30 pm »

What file types?
Flac
Did you register?
I’ve logged on so I think so. It was same un and pw as Dr Who
Did you re-try?
No, out of town. No reason to try again because I’ll get the same result unless question 1 or 2 are the reason

reddkard

« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2019, 10:14:21 pm »

Try the "Forgot your password?" link on the sign-in page.  It will send an email to your forum email address (....@yahoo.com) with a link to a page where you can choose a new password for cloudplay.
That worked .....thanks !!!!

Aardvark

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2019, 02:48:08 am »

"Forgot Password" worked for me as well

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2019, 06:18:28 am »

Flac
I’ve logged on so I think so. It was same un and pw as Dr WhoNo, out of town.
No reason to try again because I’ll get the same result unless question 1 or 2 are the reason
I think your files were missing embedded cover art.  For now, it's required.  Later, we will find a solution that doesn't require it.

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2019, 08:18:49 am »

I am running build 25.0.24.
The uploaded tracks are still being imported into the library making them duplicated with the local and the cloud versions.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2019, 02:02:22 pm »

I think your files were missing embedded cover art.  For now, it's required.  Later, we will find a solution that doesn't require it.

What's the easiest way to embed coverart?  I have Options > File Location > Also store image in file's tag checked.  I right click an album that fails Cloudplay, select Cover Art > Quick Find (the file that I want is in the folder - but I also tried Get From Internet).  I go back to the playlist, chose Upload to Cloud, and these files still say no embedded cover art.

EDIT: the files are on a linux share, I 777'd them, still no update to the files when I do this from MC.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2019, 02:16:11 pm »

Try Update Tags from Library.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2019, 02:19:31 pm »

Try Update Tags from Library.

Thanks!  That appears to have been the missing link.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2019, 08:39:08 pm »

I upgraded to 25.0.24 and now I can't upload to cloud because I get a warning far all songs "Reason: Must have embedded cover art.". All songs do have cover art.
This was probably unrelated to the upgrade. Maybe I rebuilt thumbnails.
My playlists that I couldn't upload had a value of "folder.jpg" for the [Image File] fields. I did an update from tags to obtain a value of "Inside File", and now the playlists will upload.
All files have had embedded art the entire time but it looks like I couldn't upload because MC was using the folder.jpg.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2019, 04:09:49 am »

One thing I noticed that I thought was odd.  I uploaded a playlist from my MC server via RDP.  So I walked away before it was done.  The next day I then opened MC on my Mac and tried to play the playlist.  It wasn't under Cloud, so I closed MC and reopened, still not there.  I went to the Cloudplay section, found my name, it showed the new playlist, I hit play and a dialog showed up saying Nothing to Play.  I tried to download the playlist, and it also failed.  Then I re-RDP'd to my MC server and saw a dialog on the screen that the upload was done.  I clicked ok, then I got an email and the playlist showed up on my Mac.  I don't think these last steps should wait for the user to click OK, I think they should happen when the actual upload is done.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2019, 12:17:59 pm »

If you're having a problem with playback of Cloudplay playlists and you're using MC25.0.24, we've found a problem that you can work around by checking these options in Media Network settings:

•   Disable audio buffer to disk (for low powered systems)
  •   Disable audio buffer to disk (for low powered systems)

We should have a fix in the next build of MC25, but checking those should allow smooth playback.

Scarpad

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2019, 02:47:40 pm »

I uploaded a Playlist to the cloud and every song i uploaded was removed from my library the physical file was gone, the entry in the library then pointed to the cloud version, is this supposed to happen ?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2019, 03:56:05 pm »

I uploaded a Playlist to the cloud and every song i uploaded was removed from my library the physical file was gone, the entry in the library then pinted to the cloud version, is this supposed to happen ?
No.  They're probably still there, just not where you expect.  Try a search or search from Explorer.

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2019, 10:52:48 pm »

A problem and question and a request.

The problem is the error message when trying to upload a playlist:"Errors prevented uploading one or more playlist tracks"  Any suggestions on what I should look at?  They are all flac with a sample rates of 44.1 or 48 with embedded cover art.

The question is....other users cannot actually see or play the actual list?  I enjoy working on playlists, and would welcome sharing some.  Contributing them for possible random sorting on streaming radio does not quite offer the pleasure of curating a listening session.

The request is, would it be possible to either accept or convert on your side, tracks with sample rates higher than 48000?  I had several tracks pop up in a message saying they would be deleted from the playlist because they (in this case) were not 44.1 or 48. After spending considerable time with sequencing I did not want them deleted.   I had no idea how to change the sample rate but have since figured it out (Audacity worked great, after a learning curve).  My library has enough tracks with sample rates higher than 48 that this would a burdon that I would likely not be inclined to deal with.  If you can automate the change of sample rate when necessary, would be a welcome assist.

LarryRup
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

EdBrady

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2019, 11:02:15 pm »

My library has enough tracks with sample rates higher than 48 that this would a burdon that I would likely not be inclined to deal with.  If you can automate the change of sample rate when necessary, would be a welcome assist.

I agree with this. Whether it's sample rate, number of channels, format, or whatever, users aren't going to be willing to convert their library contents just to satisfy the requirements of Cloudplay. I've set up a separate library for uploading for now, but I don't really want to keep doing this indefinitely. Cloudplay should accept the tracks as they are, and convert as necessary on the server.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: April 21, 2019, 01:59:17 am »

Some higher bitrate/sample rate files are allowed now.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2019, 02:56:44 am »

Build 25.0.27 should fix some upload failures:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120433.0.html

Maggi

• Recent member
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2019, 06:03:30 am »

I can't upload files. They're all lossless wav files.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2019, 06:04:54 am »

I can't upload files. They're all lossless wav files.

WAV is not supported, we only accept lossless compressed files like FLAC or APE.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

wilde53

• Recent member
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2019, 11:49:11 am »

will cross fading and volume leveling work with the cloud using JR remote?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2019, 02:18:29 pm »

Cross fade and volume leveling work with Cloudplay. 

battlescarze

• Recent member
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2019, 08:34:28 am »

Okay, so this is absolutely fantastic ;D

I have JRiver installed on my laptop for work and I can play excellent sounding tunes via cloud playlists.

Amazing, amazing, amazing...love it!!!  A+++++++++++

Finding all kinds of new music to boot, wonderful.

Great job JRiver guys:)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2019, 03:09:15 am »

JohnT's update on his progress with Cloudplay:

Almost ready for today's MC build:
1. substitute tracks from local library when available for cloudplay
url's in media center when Play button is clicked (already does this for
the Download button), solves duplicate track problem
2. fix problem of one or more tracks failing to upload and then playlist
doesn't get created
3. encrypt radio jriver playlist track names prior to playback using
Play button on web page (s3 urls are currently visible), already does
this for the Download button)

Live now on production server:
1. allow user to change their username as well as email
2. search for user in web interface
3. restrict playlists to correct limit

In progress in Media Center (and server):
1. make sign-in and authentication from MC and web browser work on all
platforms and with chromium
2. look at action window handling, if there's an upload action window
and the user right-clicks another playlist and selects upload, it should ask
if they want to replace or add to their current music selection

In progress on server:
1. make play/download work in standalone web browser
2. upvote and downvote playlists
3. integrate Cloudplay with Play Doctor

Further down the list:
1. nicer search interface, view by playlists or users, or
keyword/genres, new playlists, favorites, followed users, etc.
2. fix email confirmation  (for the time being, it's not doing confirmation)
3. automatic format conversion and cover art addition when needed for
files to be uploaded
4. Nicer web view of playlists.  Image & notes tied to playlists.
5. ability to flag playlists (obscenity,  etc.)
6. more thorough search for existence of duplicate content files on S3
and merge them while tracking who uploaded them so they don't get
charged for listening/downloading them (new xref table in database)
7. content management - normal users for their own playlists, admin for
all users/playlists/contents/usage, interface for admins to build and
manage 'radio stations'
8. automate usage reporting system
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up