INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: CloudPlay Questions and Answers  (Read 34236 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: CloudPlay Questions and Answers
« Reply #250 on: May 26, 2019, 03:18:05 pm »

Cloudplay isn't completely working on Linux.  Soon, we hope.

shortie

• Junior Woodchuck
  • reachin' up to touch bottom
« Reply #251 on: May 26, 2019, 03:27:56 pm »

Ah, OK, thanks Jim. Good to know it may not be me.
Shortie

Bigpoppapump

• Recent member
« Reply #252 on: May 26, 2019, 03:48:13 pm »

If family and friends purchase jriver, can they stream and listen to the playlists on cloudplay?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #253 on: May 26, 2019, 07:58:28 pm »

Yes.

Bro

• Recent member
« Reply #254 on: May 28, 2019, 02:11:57 am »

Is your playlist called 'Test Audiophile hifi demonstration' ?  That looks good and is available under user 'Planktoni'.  There was a problem with your account which may have caused some confusion but that has been fixed so it should be smoother going forward.  The 'already exists' message is normal and not an error.  It just means that the playlist you are uploading will use an identical song track that already exists on the server rather than re-uploading it.
The tracks aren't removed unless you delete your account, and even then, the playlists may continue working if another user has uploaded the same songs.  Have your playlist updates worked ok since the fix last night?

Now it's working! I successfully added new tracks to the cloud  ;D Thanks a lot, I truly appreciate your prompt replies!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #255 on: May 29, 2019, 06:00:08 pm »

EdBrady

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #256 on: May 29, 2019, 10:39:12 pm »

It appears that the text from the "notes" field from MC is no longer appearing on the CloudPlay playlists.

Is this intentional? I thought it was a good idea; I used it to offer a short explanation of the playlist. It needs to be brought back.

JohnT

« Reply #257 on: May 30, 2019, 07:24:02 am »

Not sure this is the right place to post since it concerns the Linux version version interfacing with Cloudplay. Apologies if I'm in the wrong forum

I'm running 25.0.41 in an Ubuntu docker container based on https://github.com/cassfras21/docker-jrivermc. Everything seems to work so far except uploading playlists to Cloudplay - when I try to upload a playlist it says that I must be signed in but the page shows that I am, in fact, signed in -- it shows my username and I can go to my profile all within the media center application. I've signed out and back in within the media center application and get the same results. I've done some searching but haven't found anything that seems useful. I'm wondering if I need to pass more ports thru to the container. JRemote seems to be able to work with the media server so I know at least some of the ports are passed thru OK.

Any suggestions are welcome.

You might ask why am I running it in a container? Well, aside from the fact that I prefer the independence that containers give me (e.g. I don't have to worry about upgrading incompatible libraries and such), I'm currently on a VERY downlevel Ubuntu and haven't had the time to upgrade my distro.
Sorry for the troubles.  We are aware of several problems with Cloudplay on the Mac and Linux platforms.  We will have a fix out sometime in the next couple of weeks.  I'd suggest waiting until you see something in the release notes for a new build about fixing the Cloudplay issue.  Again, sorry for the delay and I hope you'll re-visit when it's been fixed for Linux.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

shortie

• Junior Woodchuck
  • reachin' up to touch bottom
« Reply #258 on: May 30, 2019, 10:04:22 am »

Sorry for the troubles.  We are aware of several problems with Cloudplay on the Mac and Linux platforms.  We will have a fix out sometime in the next couple of weeks.  I'd suggest waiting until you see something in the release notes for a new build about fixing the Cloudplay issue.  Again, sorry for the delay and I hope you'll re-visit when it's been fixed for Linux.
Thanks again. I don't run an always-on Windows instance anymore, it's been replaced by a Linux server. Uploading those playlists is something that, for me, makes more sense to do from my Linux box...it takes a LONG time. I'm keeping an eye on the Linux threads and will try when you post something there.
Shortie

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #259 on: May 30, 2019, 07:33:17 pm »

Thank you JRiver for Cloudplay. The world seems to be going in this direction and I think you guys are on the right track. I just tried the new Cloudplay feature in Play Doctor and got a nice mixture of tracks from the cloud and myself. Good stuff.
I do have a question about JRemote. Even though I can control the playlist selections on my iPad once the playlist has been created and started, the Cloudplay feature doesn't appear in my IPad as it does on my computer. Do you have plans to include it in an IOS update?   Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #260 on: May 30, 2019, 10:09:11 pm »

We do.  Thanks.

Lucifigus

« Reply #261 on: May 31, 2019, 10:42:21 am »

I am using a new computer (last fall), Windows 10 and JRiver 25.0.40.  I have done the primary list of exclusions as part of the instructions from the thread “Taming Windows Defender on Windows 10…”  I did not go through the longer, secondary list of exclusions.

I continue to be disappointed in that I cannot sign in to Cloudplay.  I was able to sign in once, only after requesting a new password.  However, I have not been able to sign in since then.  I can log in over the web and download and play from the listed playlists, but I cannot upload any playlists or otherwise access Cloudplay through JRiver.

Is this going to be a persistent problem, or will it get figured out over time?

Lucifigus

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #262 on: May 31, 2019, 12:19:56 pm »

I don't think that's a problem on our end.  Sorry.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: June 01, 2019, 08:48:46 am »

Cloudplay has two new Radio JRiver buttons at the top of the playlist window.  Eclectic and Classical.  We'll add two more next week.

The content is completely that of TedR now and it's great.  The sets of playlists that make up the stations are much longer now, so you're less likely to hear repeats.

karzai

• Recent member
« Reply #264 on: June 02, 2019, 02:12:30 am »

If I delete my account at Cloudplay do my songs get deleted too?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #265 on: June 02, 2019, 06:46:20 am »

Your playlists get deleted.  Songs are preserved.

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #266 on: June 02, 2019, 09:45:01 am »

I thought album art was required on all uploads to Cloudplay but for some reason album art doesn't appear on many of the downloaded playlists I've done. Am I mistaken or is there a problem somewhere? 

karzai

• Recent member
« Reply #267 on: June 02, 2019, 03:41:01 pm »

I wanted to upload HD tracks with 9000+ bitrates but they are not accepted because they are in wav. Why is wav not accepted?

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #268 on: June 02, 2019, 06:09:18 pm »

When I upload a playlist, sometimes not all songs are uploaded. It says for a few or one song "failed". How can I solve this out?
Wake up and slow down 😴

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #269 on: June 02, 2019, 06:10:58 pm »

Please use this thread for any questions or comments about CloudPlay.

CloudPlay Instructions and Description

This thread is closed!
Wake up and slow down 😴

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #270 on: June 02, 2019, 06:51:41 pm »

Better?

Please post any questions or comments about CloudPlay in this thread.

For more about Cloudplay, please see:

CloudPlay Instructions and Description

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #271 on: June 02, 2019, 06:54:07 pm »

When I upload a playlist, sometimes not all songs are uploaded. It says for a few or one song "failed". How can I solve this out?
Are they lossless files?

You can always try again.  Uploads won't be repeated if they worked the first time.

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #272 on: June 02, 2019, 09:37:32 pm »

Questions on display options. 

1) In just clicking around trying to sign in got a display that showed each contributor's name and then indented under their name a list of their playlists.  I cannot get this display again.  Is there a way to do this?  This was a better view to peruse available playlist titles - currently I have to click on each uploaders name to then get the playlists they uploaded to display.   

2) How do you change the width of the field that displays your name and uploaded lists to make it smaller so the names of contributors is wider?

Different topic - I tried to upload a new playlist today and got a message that the system was unavailable.     

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #273 on: June 03, 2019, 03:54:13 pm »

Are they lossless files?

You can always try again.  Uploads won't be repeated if they worked the first time.

Yes they are lossless FLAC.

I tried again and then it works - thanks.

I just upload full albums, and not just mixed songs playlists - is this ok?
Wake up and slow down 😴

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: June 03, 2019, 05:45:19 pm »

Yes they are lossless FLAC.

I tried again and then it works - thanks.

I just upload full albums, and not just mixed songs playlists - is this ok?
We can't use full albums for radio or it changes the license category.  It's OK for you to stream them yourself, but if we're offering them to other users, it's a different license, which we want to avoid.

Mixed playlists are the most useful.  Thanks for asking.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #275 on: June 03, 2019, 05:55:08 pm »

Thanks JimH for the clear answer - I understand.

Another question: There is a limit of 2000 files to upload. Is this in total per user or maximum per one upload?
Wake up and slow down 😴

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: June 03, 2019, 06:10:00 pm »

It's currently 2000 total files.  We recommend playlists of around 50 tracks.

Hoss

• Recent member
« Reply #277 on: June 04, 2019, 10:06:46 am »

Yes, that's exactly what it's for.

At this time, you need to use MC to play them.

Hello again.

I was able to sign up, verify by email, log in and view/listen to other playlists, however, the initial Cloudplay screen gives me no option to upload, only listen to other playlists and Radio JRiver. I signed out and logged back in to no avail.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: June 04, 2019, 10:32:02 am »

I was able to sign up, verify by email, log in and view/listen to other playlists, however, the initial MyCloud screen gives me no option to upload, only listen to other playlists and Radio JRiver. I signed out and logged back in to no avail.
Upload from MC25.  Right click on any playlist of lossless files.

Instructions are here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120166.msg830680.html#msg830680

Hoss

• Recent member
« Reply #279 on: June 04, 2019, 10:56:04 am »

Upload from MC25.  Right click on any playlist of lossless files.

Instructions are here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120166.msg830680.html#msg830680

"Cloudplay is now in the tree on the left, just below Audio, Video, and Images.

Click on it.
Choose Upload Playlists"

Sorry. I've read that thread a dozen times and it gets me nowhere. This ^ is where you lose me. I can't make this happen. If i access "Playlists" in the tree, either before or after starting Cloudplay, there is no option to send anything to Cloudplay. Not sure what I'm missing.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #280 on: June 04, 2019, 11:16:08 am »

I edited that to improve clarity.  This is the important sentence:

You can then upload playlists from MC > Playlists -- right click on any lossless playlist and choose "Upload to Cloud".

Hoss

• Recent member
« Reply #281 on: June 04, 2019, 11:51:25 am »

I edited that to improve clarity.  This is the important sentence:

You can then upload playlists from MC > Playlists -- right click on any lossless playlist and choose "Upload to Cloud".

Upload To Cloud is ticked under Features

This was the issue. I must have missed where it was originally mentioned.

Thanks again for your help.

donlboy

• World Citizen
« Reply #282 on: June 06, 2019, 11:11:32 am »

I am not getting any responses to this post. I responded to all of your questions and added/updated relevant information. I also added a screenshot to show what I am seeing - the relevant part is there is no Play or Download icons, so I cannot use Cloudplay from MediaCenter. Your last response was 17 May. Can you please respond, or let me know if I am doing something wrong?

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #283 on: June 06, 2019, 05:47:56 pm »

Iīm not so sure if the absolutely no mp3īs stance is quite that benefitial. Whatīs wrong with a simple quality filter checkbox? Display lossy files yes/no. You could also try to replace duplicate files with the highest quality one. That could be pretty hard though...
Otherwise, do some quality control. Some mp3īs are really garbage. But many are just fine. I wonder what do you do when I convert my mp3 to flac?  ? hm...

Itīs not that I would not rather have lossless if I get to choose. But as it stands not all my songs are. And certainly wonīt ever be. You kinda just throw away parts of playlists, because they arenīt lossless. My experience with trying the upload feature for the first time has been this

https://imgur.com/a/e49IYVz

Yeah.. file not local is also great. You could maybe consider to not rely on everything being local for new stuff you build? GetFile is a MCWS thing (Or at least it also is). Canīt you try just use the remote MCWS should it not be local?

Back to the mp3īs.

Apart from the songs Iīm just not going to repurchase there are also songs that you just literally CANNOT find lossless. Try the album "Soundmopi - Rise and Fall" for instance. You cannot get your hands on it in any format without digging for it. Paid or not paid, it does not matter. I even looked on ebay for CDs lul. I found it in 320kbit mp3īs somewhere. Canīt tell you where, I really donīt know anymore. Far away from the places I usually go to.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #284 on: June 06, 2019, 06:12:17 pm »

I am not getting any responses to this post. I responded to all of your questions and added/updated relevant information. I also added a screenshot to show what I am seeing - the relevant part is there is no Play or Download icons, so I cannot use Cloudplay from MediaCenter. Your last response was 17 May. Can you please respond, or let me know if I am doing something wrong?
I'm sorry.  I don't know.  I see both icons, either in a stand-alone browser, or inside MC.

Maybe some screwball security thing?  Or they're scrolled off the screen to the right?

What build of MC are you using?

donlboy

• World Citizen
« Reply #285 on: June 09, 2019, 09:10:35 am »

I'm sorry.  I don't know.  I see both icons, either in a stand-alone browser, or inside MC.

Maybe some screwball security thing?  Or they're scrolled off the screen to the right?

What build of MC are you using?
They are not off the screen to the right as far as I can tell. I am using MC 25.0.49, but the issue has been here for several builds. I just found that it works fine on another PC with the same OS and MC builds. Must be something in the settings  but I have no idea whatto try.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #286 on: June 09, 2019, 10:51:32 am »

Security software could be causing that. 

Make sure javascript is enabled in your browser.

seanmcdougall

• Recent member
« Reply #287 on: June 10, 2019, 03:03:06 pm »

I attach a screenshot showing track 8 from an album, which I added to a playlist. Like everything else in the playlist, it appears to have been added to the local library as a separate file that is part of the original album, alongside the original song. It is therefore played immediately after the original and I'm having to manually delete the files if I want to hear the album in the original. As you'll see from the screenshot, the file location is given as an http url. This appears to be a bug. Any advice?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #288 on: June 10, 2019, 03:42:44 pm »

What version of  MC? That was fixed.

seanmcdougall

• Recent member
« Reply #289 on: June 11, 2019, 06:44:48 am »

Thanks for your quick response. The last playlist was uploaded on May 6th, so it would be whatever the latest official version of Media Center was at that time. If it's been fixed since, then please accept my thanks.

bluenose1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #290 on: June 11, 2019, 08:10:39 am »

I've noticed that the "composer" tag is empty for all the music tracks streamed from the cloud. I hope you can fix that as it's important, especially for classical and jazz tracks. 
Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #291 on: June 14, 2019, 09:54:01 am »

There is a New Cloudplay Questions thread here.

I'm closing this one now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up