INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange duplicate file problems ....  (Read 508 times)

Dean Wyler

• Recent member
Strange duplicate file problems ....
« on: April 02, 2019, 11:34:33 am »

Hi,
Look at these two similar but different files as shown in JRiver:

One music file starts with: D:\Music\./itunes/music/itunes media
the other starts with: D:\Music\itunes\music\itunes media

The second one is correct. The first one has the back slash / forward slashes mixed up
I think this is related to moving my songs and playlists from a mac (apple) platform to a windows platform.
Windows uses the forward slashes. Mac uses the backward slashes.

The correct version of the file has some playlists attached.  The other one is not attached to any playlists.

Here's the problem.
These are obvious duplicates with different file names.  So I started deleting the ones that are incorrect.  I realized that when I delete the one file BOTH versions of the song are gone.  It may take a minute or two for the software to catch up and delete the other version so it took me a while to catch on to what was happening.

I went looking for the incorrect files in file manager but couldn't find them.  My music has many many duplicates of songs which I'm forever trying to clean up (different bit rates, different sources of songs, etc.) so it's important that I solve this problem to keep me from accidentally deleting songs i want to keep.

Any help or ideas on how to clean up this problem will be appreciated !   Thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up