INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver for Android 25.0.19 -- Available Here  (Read 2363 times)

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
JRiver for Android 25.0.19 -- Available Here
« on: April 05, 2019, 01:52:21 pm »

Preview build 25.0.19 is available on the Play Store
This is a new build of JRiver for Android.  Please post bugs here.

Please use this thread for discussion.

Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Play Store Download
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jriver.mediacenter

25.0.19 (4/5/2019)

1. Fixed: Panel - Search results were not getting loaded when using an expression as the search parameter.
2. Fixed: Import was not finding files in folders with square brackets in the folder name.
3. NEW: Implemented the Android audio manager to handle audio focus messages.
4. NEW: Added the ability to play local audio files to JRiver for Android from the Android file browser.
5. Fixed: Stopping the service while the current zone was a remote zone could prevent the service from starting again.

25.0.16 (3/27/2019)

1. NEW: The Android app now uses gapless playback as the default.
2. NEW: Added cover art to the notification window.
3. Changed: The notification window will update if the zone is changed.
4. Changed: Lowered the channel priority of the notification window so it won't make noise.
5. Changed: Don't show the notification badge on the app icon when the notification window is active.
6. Changed: Added a settings button to the notification window that will open the settings page in Panel.

25.0.15 (3/21/2019)

1. Fixed: The Android app would crash when playback was started.
2. Fixed: Panel - When going to the Playing Now page, the playlist was not scrolling to the currently playing item on Android.

24.0.21 (3/19/2019)

1. NEW: Improved the lifecycle of the media service. The media service will now start when playback starts, and can be stopped from the notification window.
2. NEW: Created a custom notification window that will update as playback changes.
3. Changed: Moved the options menu to side drawer view, which can be opened from the menu bar or by swiping right from the left side of the screen.
4. Changed: Replaced the Panel header bar with an app toolbar.

24.0.20 (3/4/2019)

1. Changed: Panel - Removed the folder name from the folder context menu.
2. Changed: Panel - Adjusted the sizing of the folder context menu.
3. Fixed: Made some improvements to the way JRiver for Android handles DLNA.
4. NEW: Panel - Added an audio device select to the settings page when the zone is set to "Player."
5. NEW: Panel - Added an information tab to the settings page to display some of the library server information.
6. Fixed: There was a crash on exit because the app was still sending messages after components had been destroyed.
7. Fixed: There was a possible crash on start-up when the app was checking for all available storage devices.
8. NEW: Added an option to run auto import from the menu.
9. NEW: JRiver for Android will automatically get an access key if it doesn't have one. You can find it in Panel on the settings page in the Information tab.

24.0.19 (2/13/2019)

1. NEW: Panel - Added thumbnails to the file list view.
2. NEW: Panel - Added a context menu to folders with some play options. Use a long press to activate.
3. NEW: Panel - Added an option to the file context menu to delete the file from the library.

24.0.18 (2/5/2019)

1. NEW: JRiver for Android will now auto-import smartlist files (.jsxml).
2. Fixed: Panel - Zones were not showing up in the latest version.

24.0.17 (1/31/2019)

1. Changed: Panel - Removed the zone "Here," which referred to the web browser, from JRiver for Android. The default zone is now "Player."
2. Changed: Panel - Added filename to the file info display on the Playing Now page.
3. Fixed: Panel - When the Playing Now playlist would finish, it would create an error.
4. Fixed: Panel - Newer versions of Chrome would create an error exiting fullscreen mode when Panel wasn't in fullscreen mode.
5. Fixed: Panel - Panel would keep refreshing if a page contained a lot of folders that only contained folders.

24.0.16 (1/14/2019)

1. NEW: Panel - Added support for saving playlists. When selecting 'Save Playlist' from the additional options menu, it will grab the list in Playing Now for the current zone and save it with the name the user provides.
2. NEW: Panel - Added an option to the settings page to set how the sub-folder count is indicated. Currently defaults to hidden.
3. Changed: Panel - Moved the shuffle and repeat buttons to the additional options menu on the Playing Now page.

24.0.15 (1/8/2019)

1. NEW: JRiver for Android will now attempt to import from secondary storage devices as well.
2. Fixed: The app would crash when using the back button in some cases.
3. Fixed: The notification playback buttons were sending commands to all zones.

24.0.14 (12/21/2018)

1. NEW: Added an About option to the menu to display the app version.
2. Fixed: The app service would sometimes crash.

SirTom2015

• Recent member
Re: JRiver for Android 25.0.19 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 04:41:54 pm »

Any plans in the future to give this app the same abilities as what Gizmo has. I would love to use this to play my home library on the road now. I really do not keep music on my phone but rather stream it from other sources like Google Play, Pandora, Iheart, and my own home server.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 05:24:44 pm »

You could do that with Panel now.

uncle_dito

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 09:49:56 am »

Hi,
I have some further bug to report.

When I select “Play all” on some specific albums, the resulting playlist does not follow the same order as shown in the album. For example, see below for Beethoven´s Concerto Nº 5. The album view shows the right order (“Radu Lupu CD 3 album view.png”), while the playlist shows them in different order (“Radu Lupu Playlist view in wrong order.png”). I attach also the folder structure (Radu Lupu CD3 Folder structure.png)

On another note, I just discovered you can touch the album image on the playlist, and it will give you some of the metadata of the file currently playing. Thanks!! Wish there was a way to see the rest of the files, as in the playlist above, you cannot tell which movement will play, even the two consecutive Concerto Nº 5 shown happened to be placed in the wrong order onto the playlist when I selected “play all” on the album…(check "Radu Lupu cant tell which movement is what.png"

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 10:30:09 am »

If you're starting from a file explorer view, try playing from Artists or Albums in the tree on the left of MC.

I'll move this to a new thread.

uncle_dito

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 12:39:51 pm »

If you're starting from a file explorer view, try playing from Artists or Albums in the tree on the left of MC.

I'll move this to a new thread.
Hi Jim,
Sorry, not sure that I get your suggestion, I don't have a file explorer view in JR for Android in the mobile. Note that I only provided the info on the folder structure in my SD card just in case the issue reported had anything to do with file or folder name...So, what I am doing now, in the panel view: I am selecting the album to play going into Genre, then Classical, then Composer, then I select the album I want. Then I select one of the titles and then on the pull down menu select "play all", then the files go into the playlist, but not respecting the order (this final part is the bug)...To try to do this from artist or album would be quite awkward and useless in my case, it would show endless lists... Apologies if this discussion does not belong here, I thought it was ok to report bugs in this thread. Please let me know where this topic is moved so I can follow. Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 01:41:29 pm »

Sorry.  I didn't notice that you were on Android.

Make sure the track# tags are filled correctly.

rec head

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 08:35:11 am »

I haven't been following the Android development and have a question. Can the Android version be used as a client so I can watch video on my server from my Shield? Meaning full Theater View from the Shield. I can use MO4Media but would really prefer Theater View.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 08:41:10 am »

I haven't been following the Android development and have a question. Can the Android version be used as a client so I can watch video on my server from my Shield? Meaning full Theater View from the Shield. I can use MO4Media but would really prefer Theater View.

Neither video nor theater view are supported.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

rec head

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 09:54:01 am »

Thanks

SirTom2015

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 07:15:17 pm »

You could do that with Panel now.

Yes, you can through a web browser based player. what I was asking is if that same ability will be coming to the stand-alone app so I do not have to access a web browser, Like with Gizmo, or the once alive EOS Player (now gone forever thanks to Google)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 12:26:41 am »

Panel and JRiver for Android are very similar. I recommend you try Panel.

uncle_dito

• Recent member
Re: JRiver for Android 25.0.19 -- Available Her
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2019, 11:41:57 am »

Sorry.  I didn't notice that you were on Android.

Make sure the track# tags are filled correctly.
Hi, I had the chance to do further testing. I connected jremote in my iPad to the Sony Mobile android player, so I could check the track# tags , which were ok. Some observations:
1. If I use jremote to add a full album to the playlist, the player gets it in the right order.
2. If I use the Add All (to the end) when selecting the album or track from the android player, again all goes well.
3. But, if I use Play All when selecting the album or track from the android player, then the playlist in Now playing shows in a different order, only the first track matches, seems the rest are sorted by another criteria, not track #.

The problem with using 2 is that as expected it does not clear the previous playlist, while 3 does it, which for swapping albums is great. Not sure if there is a way to clear the “Now playing” so I may use option 2 while this bug is sorted. Thanks

chris13

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2019, 07:16:38 am »

Hi,

i am using a Pixel 3 and sync my music with the sync handheld functionality in JRiver. I can see my music gets imported in JRiver, but not the playlists. Is there any special location where to put these files?
Thanks in advance!
Pages: [1]   Go Up