INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not having an Alexa integration is forcing me to look elsewhere  (Read 1599 times)

eezetee

• World Citizen

After getting a few Echo's set up in my house for my family and then feeling the sinking feeling that it looks that HouseBand is just a remote control for JRiver and it cannot play to an Echo (triggered from).

Or have I gotten this all wrong. It's apparent that the move is to the cloud and thus any previously created libraries on home networks must have a hybrid approach.

VenoM

• Recent member
Re: Not having an Alexa integration is forcing me to look elsewhere
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 09:49:44 am »

If you ask me, this is a problem with the Amazon Echo and not JRiver. Personally I'm just peeved that Houseband leaves Canadians out in the cold (so far?). Amazon wants you to pay for their music service (and shop with their devices) and that's why they sell the Echos as a "loss leader".

If you're looking to stream your own audio library to the echo, you can use the solution I found which is a pretty good band-aid if you ask me: Install Gizmo on your phone (if you have an Android), pair the phone with bluetooth to the Echo and set up a playlist on your computer to play over your phone. Problem solved.

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hi
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 10:18:50 am »

Or just get a bluetooth dongle for you computer (if it doesn't already have bluetooth) and pair the echo directly to the computer.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 10:24:52 am »

If you ask me, this is a problem with the Amazon Echo and not JRiver. .

If you're looking to stream your own audio library to the echo, you can use the solution I found which is a pretty good band-aid if you ask me: Install Gizmo on your phone (if you have an Android), pair the phone with bluetooth to the Echo and set up a playlist on your computer to play over your phone. Problem solved.

Plex does it just fine, and it's free.   The ECHO > PLEX > locally stored audio.  Why shouldn't an app that asks me to upgrade yearly at a cost of the same price that I paid for the software.

Sorry, but the fix of just adding Gizmo and using bluetooth isn't really an option as I can do it now without a $200 Sonos speaker.  I want to make it easy for the family,  pairing, connecting to my server, etc == not easy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up