INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cloudplay Access and Panel  (Read 1841 times)

tasar

• World Citizen
Cloudplay Access and Panel
« on: April 16, 2019, 02:48:54 pm »

Best to access Cloudplay straight from the left menu or under playlists ?
I don’t see a generated playlist and nothing is generated from search .  I see users but when I tap on one or another there are no playlists generated or way to preview. Appears you can only download though I have not done so as yet. How is it we will eventually just see a random playlist based on multiple users ? I don’t intend to pluck thru different users to find something I like, I would like to think they’ll be a running file list we can chooses under genres.

I can’t see anything referring to Cloudplay from Panel and inside JRiver Radio.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cloudplay Access and Panel
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 02:51:39 pm »

Did you register?  Do you have an MC license?

You can get there either way.

If you click on a user, you should see their playlists on the right.  Click on them to see more.

You should see a Play button and a Download button to the right.

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 09:50:08 pm »

Licensed and registered but my OS screenshot only shows the left user column.

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 03:40:11 pm »

Even if you click on one of the users?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 07:10:30 pm »

Did you have anything in the search box when you tried this? Clear the search box and see if the Playlists appear.

The search box is a Filter, rather than a Search, and it filters out non-matching Playlists. But it doesn't filter out the users with non-matching Playlists. For example if you Filter on "Classical" you need to then click on each user to see if any of them have any Classical Playlists.

This is something that I hope will be improved in time, so that when the Cloudplay contents are filtered, both the Playlists and the Users columns are filtered. So only users with matching playlists appear in the left column.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 09:56:11 pm »

Thanks Roderick, that makes sense of things.

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 05:16:06 pm »

Just getting back into this.
So you load Cloudplay from the Playlist, search genre and open playlists. When opening the “full track list”, and hitting > play, there’s a prompt “ there is nothing to play”. What’s the proper way to go about playlists and downloads ?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 05:59:18 pm »

You need to click the Play button in the Cloudplay interface, not the Play button in the top left corner of MC, or on your remote or something.

At least in the current version.

Downloaded Playlists are shown under the "Cloud" Playlist Group.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 04:50:27 pm »

I go in and choose a user based on genre and see the play and cloud download buttons but choosing one or the other I get the prompt “there is nothing to play” or download “failed”. What’s the trick ?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2019, 08:22:12 pm »

Are you using the Internet Explorer browser engine in MC? At this time you need to use that browser engine, although I think Cloudplay uses it automatically, regardless of your setting in MC.

Maybe try changing to the IE browser engine and see if it works.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120167.msg834146.html#msg834146

EDIT: Just checked again, and I have my browser engine set to Chromium, but Cloudplay works fine. So as I thought, it seems Cloudplay will use the IE browser engine regardless of the browser engine setting.

So in your case, check your firewalls again, to confirm MC is allowed through it.

Maybe confirm you can access https://user.jriver.com/ in a browser. I believe that is the URL to Cloudplay on the Amazon S3 servers.

JohnT

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 07:58:06 am »

I go in and choose a user based on genre and see the play and cloud download buttons but choosing one or the other I get the prompt “there is nothing to play” or download “failed”. What’s the trick ?
Cloudplay is not working well on Mac or Linux.  Please wait for a new build to address those issues and then give it another try.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 08:00:09 am »

Yeah, I’m on the MaC, was hoping to contribute playlists. With such a limited participating audience, the sooner the better. This was the sole impetus for upgrading to 25. The JRiver Radio section in cloud is rather latent when executing choices between and within genres.

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 09:25:13 pm »

Nothing’s changed for us OS users, though files show from various users, they are not playable as they are not there. Can’t download either from cloud. Looked to see I have the 25.0.18 version and interestingly it shows portions of the OS software is based on Windows Media. So we’re paid up for 3 months now, I get letter saying how great the new cloud base player is but not so for Apple users..... I can play JRiver Radio from Panel on my Pad, though it’s operation is dial up slow.... so really, what are our expectations and why don’t postings to users call it the way it is....

tasar

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2019, 09:48:09 am »

Cloudplay is not working well on Mac or Linux.  Please wait for a new build to address those issues and then give it another try.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us all know when Cloudplay is worthy of an upgrade.... nothing improved since .18 version
Pages: [1]   Go Up