INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't launch MC24 from USB Drive  (Read 752 times)

Paul Kuhn

• Recent member
Can't launch MC24 from USB Drive
« on: April 19, 2019, 11:23:32 am »

Hello,

I have recently installed MC24 on a USB drive from a computer that already had MC24 on it, so I could take it to my wife's laptop, which doesn't have it installed, and use it. When I go into the USB drive and the folder and try to launch it by clicking on MC24.exe, I get an error message stating "A JRiver Media Core component failed to load the product info file: (and then it's just blank after that, it doesn't state what file it's not loading).

Then on the bottom it says "Please reinstall the latest version of the program"

So I put it back in my laptop and reinstalled it to the USB drive again, and I still have the same problem.

Can someone enlighten me as to what the fix might be.

Thanks
Rick

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

swiv3d

Re: Can't launch MC24 from USB Drive
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 03:53:13 pm »

Why not just install JRiver MC on your wife's laptop? Your licence allows multiple computer installs (within reason).

Paul Kuhn

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 09:56:25 am »

It's not a matter of just putting it on Her laptop. J Rivers states in their install that you can install this program to a USB drive and take it with you to use on ANY other computer. This is the end goal. I should be able to go to a friends house and put it in their laptop and use it from the USB drive.

Paul Kuhn

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 10:00:58 am »

Dear OHM......That link only pertains to copying a library file. It doesn't help me with my problem. I can't get the program itself to launch from the USB drive. So I can't get to the program to do that. I do know how to import files.

I need help getting the program to launch from the USB

thanks
Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up