INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linux - Master License question  (Read 1598 times)

Dane12

Linux - Master License question
« on: May 10, 2019, 04:59:33 pm »

New guy says hey.

I want to use JRiver MC for (1) HTPC Linux box + (2) Garage Lab Linux box + (3) Truck Raspberry Pi/Piano 2.1 DAC. Will one master license cover all three? I do a lot of hardware swapping and experimenting in the garage lab so I believe I'm limited to 10 installs/re-installs per calendar year?

Thanks!

Dane

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Linux - Master License question
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 12:24:07 am »

lpinion

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 09:39:26 pm »

I ran out of 'Restores' trying to install on Audiolinux on two NUCs - any chance of a RESET please?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 06:38:50 am »

I ran out of 'Restores' trying to install on Audiolinux on two NUCs - any chance of a RESET please?
I've cleared your restores.  You don't need to restore your license for the first 30 days.  Just use the full 30 day trial before you restore.

lpinion

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 07:59:46 am »

Much appreciated- Thank you.

lpinion

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 06:42:17 pm »

I've cleared your restores.  You don't need to restore your license for the first 30 days.  Just use the full 30 day trial before you restore.
This has not been consistent - it has asked me if I want to extend the license a couple of times (ask for a code..) but other times it does not give the option and does not show the 'continue' option as in trial mode.
My troubles stem from trying to run Audiolinux in RAM (where it gives the best sound quality). I am not sure how the 'restore' works in such a case and whether it would be 'saved' with the system for the next re-boot. It seems fine on one installation but not on another!
Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 06:56:44 pm »

My troubles stem from trying to run Audiolinux in RAM (where it gives the best sound quality).
We don't support that use case.  Sorry.  It's a good example of the kinds of corners audiophiles can paint themselves into.

We support Debian, and there are other threads here on how people use MC on other distros.  Please choose one of those.

lpinion

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 09:56:15 pm »

We don't support that use case.  Sorry.  It's a good example of the kinds of corners audiophiles can paint themselves into.

We support Debian, and there are other threads here on how people use MC on other distros.  Please choose one of those.
A rather tight corner at that (gotcha)!
cheers

PS - just to add this  here  (from the tight corner :D as food for thought)- the J River  setup with Audiolinux (AL) running in RAM, and the Intel NUCs in network 'bridge mode' is really worth the sweat considering the musical/sound quality result! (and that view is from this, yours truly, old vinyl guy- no affiliation & 11 yrs retired to date)!

[NUC 1/AL/JRiver' (load/[play NUC 2 library to NUC 2)]==ethernet bridge==[NUC 2/AL/J River + myPassport] (J River Library)]---switch--LAN-Web
                                                                                                                           l
                                                                                                                          DAC

well, all that cleverness was pinched from the old CA forum, called audiophilestyle currently??

Now:
NUC  1 installation is similar to NUC 2 (as far as my limited knowledge can go of course) - sure you have the different hostname IP & MAC address on the network, all good.
however:
NUC 1 asks to restore J River after re-boot (into RAM) :(, but NUC 2 does not  !(Restore done in RAM and system saved to disk in both cases, before the re-boot)

cheers

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 10:02:41 am »

For the activation to work you need ca-certificates package installed and it needs to be in the exact location where it is on debian (I dont know on top of my head but its in the fedora rpm script here on the forum and I asked about that there too, so you'll find it easiely there).

That's something you could check.

Not supported does not need to mean you cant work it out somehow. Otherwise just dont activate it. Who leaves their PC on for 30+ days?

EDIT:

Just looked up the Fedora installer script.

Code: [Select]
sudo ln -s /etc/pki/ca-trust/extracted/pem/tls-ca-bundle.pem /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

This is effectively what you gotta run. Well... it would be if you where running fedora. replace the left path with wherever your certs get installed to on audiolinux.
You could probably also copy it from a debian isntall if you canīt find the package on audiolinux. Never used audiolinux.

lpinion

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 01:35:19 pm »

@max096 - thank you, will have a look.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 10:42:24 am »

The current .debs for MC have a copy of the debian stock ca-certificates.crt in the program directory:
/usr/lib/jriver/Media Center 25
and a symlink from there to the stock debian one:
ls -l /usr/lib/jriver/Media\ Center\ 25/*.crt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     34 Jun 21 11:37 /usr/lib/jriver/Media Center 25/ca-certificates.crt -> /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 238046 Jul 26  2018 /usr/lib/jriver/Media Center 25/local-ca-certificates.crt
So if the one on your system is in a different place, just change the symlink.
cd /usr/lib/jriver/Media\ Center\ 25
sudo rm ca-certificates.crt
sudo ln -s /path/to/my/cert.crt ca-certificates.crt
If you don't have one at all change the symlink to the one in the program directory.
cd /usr/lib/jriver/Media\ Center\ 25
sudo rm ca-certificates.crt
sudo ln -s local-ca-certificates.crt ca-certificates.crt
Pages: [1]   Go Up