INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files each appear twice in one of my folders  (Read 880 times)

LennyM

• Recent member
Files each appear twice in one of my folders
« on: May 18, 2019, 01:36:08 pm »

Perhaps someone can help with this small problem.

In only one of my hundreds of audio folders, when I use Gizmo, each file appears twice and will play 2X before gong on to the next.  I went back to the computer and found that the folder/files on my hard disk looks normal.  Within MC and under files the folder also looks normal with 28 files.  However when opening up "albums" in the Playing Panel and clicking on this folder, each file is shown twice and "Stat" shows 56 files instead of the actual 28.  Clicking on "Files" in the Playing Panel shows everything normal with the 28 files.  "Stat" shows 28 files.

As far as I know this is the only folder acting this way.  I have removed and re-imported this folder.  But it remains the same.

Thanks in advance for any help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Files each appear twice in one of my folders
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 03:18:38 pm »

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 07:26:42 pm »

However when opening up "albums" in the Playing Panel and clicking on this folder, each file is shown twice and "Stat" shows 56 files instead of the actual 28.

Pardon?

Please post an image of the View showing the full path and filename.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

LennyM

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 10:22:01 am »

I have resolved the problem without knowing exactly why.  As I wrote, opening "albums" in the Playing Panel resulted in an album picture for each file in the large window to the right.  In the unique case of this folder, each file was duplicated, 1,1,2,2,3,3, etc.  I clicked on the first duplicate file album and pressed "delete."  For some reason everything came back to normal.  I often get strange results in MC that I do not understand.  This was one.

Sending me to https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Stacks proved unavailing.  Had no idea what I was reading.
Pages: [1]   Go Up