INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync Different SD cards Problem.  (Read 590 times)

sixrivers

• Recent member
Sync Different SD cards Problem.
« on: May 28, 2019, 08:53:02 am »

Sorry if this topic has already been addressed. I am trying to sync my library to different android phones.  As a matter of practice I remove the SD cards and plug them directly into the to the computer to allow for a faster transfer of files.  The problem I'm having is that I sync different playlists to the different cards.  Even though I am trying to sync different playlists MC always reads the cards as being the same.  It does not seem to be able to tell the difference from one card to another even though they are different sizes.  Is there a work around to this so that I do not have to keep changing the synced playlists every time I put in a different card.  I am using v25.  Thanks

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sync Different SD cards Problem.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 11:50:29 am »

You may try reformatting one of the cards, first as NTFS, and then again back to FAT32/exFAT. Sometimes if SD cards have not been reformatted from the factory they will come with identical device identifiers.

sixrivers

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 02:39:09 pm »

I tried to format a brand new card and give it a different name.  It treated it the same as the last card for which playlists to select. 

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 06:23:53 pm »

I tried to format a brand new card and give it a different name.  It treated it the same as the last card for which playlists to select.

The key is switching filesystems. The easiest thing to do in Windows is to leave one as FAT32 and just reformat the other as exFAT. Both will work fine in Android and Windows.

If that still doesn't work, check out: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid
Pages: [1]   Go Up