INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback from the music library refuses to fast forward or rewind  (Read 554 times)

Rijsbenj

• Recent member

I assembled a lot of fine music in my library, and playing back them is my favourite hobby, but Media Center refuses to let me fast navigate throughout the music file that is playing. Very annoying in the case of classical music with sometimes very long sections. For instance, I would like to continue listening to a piece of music which i had to stop in the midst earlier. This feature has never worked well on both laptops I use. Version 24 had the same problem. Ik think this is a serious problem, very basic, the program is not fully functional without this bug solved.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playback from the music library refuses to fast forward or rewind
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 07:35:01 am »

How do you try to fast forward?  Remote?

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 08:12:46 am »

For instance, I would like to continue listening to a piece of music which i had to stop in the midst earlier.

If you want to stop the music and come back to it later, press the pause button.  Some time later when you press pause again, it will start exactly where you paused it earlier.

As for the transport controls not working (FF, REW), Jim's question is a good one.  Are you using JRemote?  Or the computer interface with the mouse?  Also, what is your playback device?  Is it a USB DAC?  A receiver via HDMI?  Some kind of network device?

Brian.

Rijsbenj

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 08:23:49 am »

Thank you for your quick reply.
All possibilities fail:
*) Ctrl -> on the keyboard
*) clicking and holding the Next symbol at the top left part of the screen
*) all the Player\Seek options in the Menu
*) and dragging the moving playing point on the progression line: the time indicator jumps forward for a while, but jumps back soon after that, while the music rolls on unperturbed, following its path as if nothing had happened.
When I use iTunes to play the same file, then the seek feature works fine!
For your convenience: I'm streaming music from the hard disk on my laptop to my Naim Mu-So wireless speaker.

Rijsbenj

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 08:36:29 am »

Even pausing by clicking the Pause symbol works unexpectedly: after reclicking, the music does not resume from there but restarts at the beginning of the number. Very frustrating!

Rijsbenj

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 05:46:18 am »

In the mean time I made a little progress with this issue. It turns out that I can fast forward etc. my music when I play the music files directly through my laptop speakers instead of streaming it to external receivers. So the problem lies in the communication between the JRiver streaming drivers and the external music renderer. Only the Ctrl => key does not work. Investigating my wireless speakers still further I find that there is a difference between the different receivers: my Naim speakers are totally deaf to my commands to fast forward or anything other than just playing the whole track, whlie my Dynaudio speakers allow a lot more intervention. How about USB connections? I did not try USB connections for the simple reason that USB reduces the high resolution of my music files.
So far so good, or not? This message is meant to elaborate on my earlier messages. I wonder whether anyone wants to react? Or do I choose the wrong route here and am I only speaking to myself? Operator, please help me.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 10:41:45 am »

I can't offer any help, despite reading every word. Apologies for that. When you don't get a response, it generally means that no-one who has read knows how to help and hopes that someone else will know and so post some help for you.

-marko.

Rijsbenj

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2019, 07:20:49 am »

Thanks for the reply, Marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up